This changelog includes details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.
January 21, 2020
- ⚙️ Shortcut wizzes rejoice! Open your task view and use A to add a task to the top of your sub-task list or a to add it to the bottom.
- ⚙️ Commenting, sharing, and sorting is clearer than ever, now that each icon is plainly labeled in your projects and filters.
- 📐 Emoji in the titles of your projects and board sections might have been a little misaligned. That’s been straightened up.
- 🐛 Duplicate your all-hands agenda on your work desktop, your grocery list on your mobile, or your weekly workout plan on your smartwatch — the experience is seamless no matter where you’re using Todoist.
- 🐛 The counter next to the comments icon will once again show the exact number of comments counted, not a number greater or less than the number of comments there are.
- 🐛 Not to mention, your task count should be correct, too. Sometimes math is hard! 😅
- 🐛 Plus a touch-up on dragging and dropping in Board view.
- 🐛 And a few more teeny tiny fixes and flourishes.
January 11, 2021
- ⭐ Save time by duplicating projects you use time and again — like meeting agendas, blog post planning, or even hiking packing lists. Just click the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner of your project and select Duplicate project.
- ⚙️ There is perhaps nothing as satisfying as completing a task forever. And now there is a satisfying sound that makes the feat even more satisfactory.
- ⚙️You can now use alle anzeigen in your filters — for those times you need to see all your tasks at once.
- 🐛 And a few more pesky bugs exterminated.
January 5, 2021
- 🐛 Unsure what you need to do to become a Todoist Grand Master (or even Enlightened)? It’s a bit easier now that you can click About Karma Levels to learn more right in the app.
- 🐛 Plus those usual bug squishes to start the new year off on the right foot.
December 18, 2020
- ⚙️ Now you can see which section your task belongs to, even when you’re sorting or grouping your projects differently. That’s so you can keep track of all the ways you’re organizing your to-dos.
December 15, 2020
- 🌈 Match your Todoist to your workspace, energy level, or outfit with two new premium themes — and a third mystery color you have to earn to use. Head Settings > Themes to take them for a spin.
- ⭐ See the project and section your task belongs to at the right of your Today or Upcoming views. Because sometimes more is more, especially when clarity is on the line.
- 🐛 You can add tasks even when the internet is out. That's because offline mode is back online, so to speak.
- 🐛 Print tasks due now and forever without cutting a single one off, thanks to a bug squash in Firefox.
- ✏️ Plus, the copy fairies used their magic to make adding a project a little more straightforward.
How closely have you followed our latest and greatest updates? Test your memory with the most recent What’s New!
Version 1060 to 1062 - December 10, 2020
- 🐛 You probably add sub-tasks to task and project with intention. Since you know best, Todoist no longer goes rogue by adding those sub-tasks to different projects or tasks.
- 🌸 The other version number is sowing the seeds so exciting changes can blossom in the future.
Version 1059 - December 9, 2020
- 🎨 “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance,” says Brian Tracy. The same is true for Todoist’s design — which is why the visuals have been slightly realigned for perfect performance.
- 🐛 Plus a few little fixes to align the backend, too.
Version 1058 - December 7, 2020
- ⚙️ Uncompletable tasks are added to task counts in projects, labels, and sections — because they count, too!
- 🐛 Enjoying dragging tasks up and down long lists and views? Now you can once again do the same for sections.
Version 1056 & 1057 - December 3, 2020
- ⭐ Your Todoist menu got a glow up. Click your avatar for the settings options you're used to. Plus some new ones, like our integrations page (also recently renovated). We're accepting compliments on Twitter. 💅
- 🐛 Opening a link in a task you created from Outlook will actually work as expected. Because those Outlook bugs were really bugging us!
Version 1055 - December 3, 2020
- 🐛 You can once again drag your tasks up and down super-long lists and views, thanks to a bug squash.
Version 1054 - December 2, 2020
- 🐛 Todoist will properly sync completed and uncompleted tasks, even if you have multiple sessions of Todoist open. Multi-taskers rejoice!
- 🐛 You'll have no problem creating a new label to keep your tasks organized any way you'd like.
- 🐛 Links to your Outlook emails are now actually working. Let’s get to Inbox Zero! (Or not.)
- 🐛 Sometimes Todoist used the singular form, not plural, when referring to groups of people. Notified 5 person is just wrong, so copy fairies put an end to that.
Version 1052 - 1053 - November 26, 2020
- 🐛 When you complete a recurring task that has sub-tasks, the sub-task won't accidentally be crossed off as if it was completed.
- 🐛 You'll now properly see the number of sub-tasks throughout Todoist. Because sometimes you just have to break a task down into smaller chunks.
- 🐛 You can now print properly in the Today and Upcoming views. Crossing things off on paper is sometimes the best feeling. 📝
- 🐛 Some minor tweaks and updates to keep Todoist running smoothly.
Version 1051 - November 23, 2020
- 🐛When adding a task with a reminder, the add task window will no longer stay open indefinitely.
- 🐛 When you’re looking at your productivity view, and choose to view all completed tasks, you won’t have a problem checking up on what you’ve done.
- 🐛 Clicking on notifications will properly send you to your task so you can take a closer look at the recent update.
- 🐛 In some cases, task view wasn’t opening properly. Now it will.
Version 1050 - November 20, 2020
- 🐛 Just the general little fixes and improvements you come to expect from us.
Version 1049 - November 18, 2020
Version 1048 - November 17, 2020
- 🐛 Links added with Markdown display in comments again, as expected.
- 🐛 Todoist now works a little more smoothly in offline mode.
- 🐛 A few things were out of alignment. That’s all fixed up, thanks to Todoist’s digital chiropractor.
Version 1047 - November 16, 2020
- 🐛 Little bug squishes make for a better filter experience.
Version 1046 - November 16, 2020
- ⭐️ You can now add due dates and times to your tasks using natural language in Traditional Chinese, like “週一” or “每週一”. Todoist will automatically recognize the due date and add it when you save your task!
- ⚙️ Sometimes you need to add multiple tasks to Todoist at once — like a long grocery list for a gourmet Thanksgiving meal for two. Now you don’t have to add them individually in Boards. Add a task and paste the whole list. Done!
Version 1045 - November 12, 2020
- ⭐ Lost a task? Your search just got a lot more powerful. You’ll now see recent searches (which you can easily clear), recently visited projects and views, and more glanceable search results.
- ⚙️ Did you hear? Completing tasks is even more delightful, now that there's a cheery sound when you click. Head to Settings > General to test it out. 🔊
Version 1044 - November 11, 2020
- 🐛 Effortlessly arrange and rearrange things in Board view now that you can drag and drop sections, as expected.
- 🐛 Reschedule overdue tasks by dragging and dropping them in Upcoming view once again.
- 🐛 You now can use the three dots icon, even on completed tasks. That means you can more easily link to your completed tasks or delete them.
- 🐛 Select multiple tasks in your search results — useful for rescheduling all the books you meant to read in 2020 to the new year in one go. (Or is that just us?)
- 🎨 And a design touchup or two to make Todoist a little more pleasant.
Version 1043 - November 6, 2020
- ⚙️ You can now ‘grab’ and drag your Board view from left to right to easily scan for what you need. Simply hover over an empty space, click, and drag from left to right.
- ⚙️ You can now select multiple tasks at once in Boards. Press Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (macOS) and click on tasks to select them. To select a range of tasks, hold the Shift key. Selected tasks will be highlighted.
- 🐛 You’ll now be able to complete your tasks properly, even when Show completed tasks is on. Just because you’re proud of what you’ve accomplished doesn’t mean you don’t have more to do!
Version 1042 - November 5, 2020
- 🐛 When you need to add a bunch of tasks into Todoist at once, pasting multiple lines into the quick add will properly add multiple tasks.
- 🐛 When adding a task in Today or Upcoming view, the date will be set properly.
- 🎨 A bunch of design polish and pizzazz to keep Todoist looking sharp.
Version 1041 - November 5, 2020
- ⭐ To give you even more fine-tuned control over which tasks you see in Todoist, we’re introducing new sorting options. You’ll now be able to sort your task list in any order, group your tasks together in new ways, or filter your tasks by who’s responsible. To use the new options, simply press the new Sort icon in the top right of any project, label, or filter and pick your settings. Learn more about sorting options in our Help Center.
- 🎨 Design polish and pizzazz, too.
Version 1040 - October 28, 2020
- ⚙️ Adding a task? Press A to place it at the top of your list and a for the bottom. Thanks to a little tinkering, these shortcuts now work in your project and task views.
- ⚙️ Long task names are more readable now that you can see even more words in the task detail view.
- ⚙️ Hover over a link in a task, comment, or anywhere else and you won’t be distracted by a little message telling you the URL.
- 🐛 Filters were acting mighty strange — now they should be back to showing you the tasks you want to see, instead of empty screens.
- 🐛Switching from List to Board view or back? Now the shortcut Shift + V works, even on Russian keyboards.
- 🐛 A few linguistic and design flourishes to keep Todoist articulate and stylish.
- 🐛 All of this bug squashing and app polishing is hard work. It’s time for a nap. 😴
Version 1038 & 1039 - October 28, 2020
- 🐛 A little fix here, a little fiddle there. Todoist is working everywhere!
Version 1037 - October 19, 2020
- 🐛 Search for a section, select a section, and arrive at that very section — not somewhere else in the project — thanks to a bug squish.
- 🐛 And when you click on the project of any task, that task is highlighted once you arrive in the project.
- 🐛 Bugs in some reminders were causing error messages. Not anymore.
- 🎨 A little color here, a little alignment there — Todoist is looking a little better all around.
Version 1036 - October 13, 2020
- ⚙️ Check off your tasks a bit easier now that the checkbox is a touch larger. ✔️
- 🐛 Open the task menu no matter how big your screen or where the task is in the list, thanks to a little bug squishing and squashing.
- 🐛 Bugs in some reminders were causing error messages. Not anymore.
- 🎨 And a little spa day full of visual touch-ups is keeping Todoist looking its best.
Version 1035 - October 7, 2020
- ⚙️ Drag and drop tasks more easily now that the area you can grab is a little bigger and consistent everywhere!
- ⚙️ Zip from a project's comments back to the main project view a little faster now that you can simply click the project's name and arrive.
- 🐛 Tasks will now be added exactly where you want them — instead of appearing above or below the spot you pick.
- 🐛 Edit a task that used to have a reminder and that reminder won’t be reset (unless you add it back in yourself, of course).
- 🐛 You can handily change the size of the left menu and it won’t overlap the scheduler or any other views you may have open.
- 🐛 If your scheduler wandered off into the left menu from time to time, it’s now back where it belongs.
- 🐛 You’ll no longer be able to edit two tasks at the same time while disconnected from the internet and in Board view. Because one, that doesn’t make a lot of sense, and two, you couldn’t save two tasks at the same time once back online anyway.
- 🐛 Get things out of your notes and into your to-do list fast — now that you can once again paste multiple lines of text in task view and watch each magically turn into its own sub-task.
- 🐛 You’ll once again see a little note near the bottom of your screen when you reschedule or postpone a task — and if there was a mistake, you can quickly undo it!
- 🐛 Now you can add sub-tasks to your sub-tasks using Ctrl + → over and over again without a problem.
- 🐛 You can once again properly set a reminder for a task in a shared project, so you don't miss a thing. It can be even more important to get things done on time when working with a team! 🤝
Version 1034 - September 28, 2020
- 🐛 You can again assign multiple tasks at once. Just in time for a Monday delegation frenzy.
- 🐛 Todoist will now remember to keep your menu closed if that’s how you left it, even after you refresh the page.
- 🐛 If a task didn't stay where you dropped it in Board view, now it will thanks to a little training. (Sit, stay!)
- 🐛 Parent tasks were showing unformatted Markdown in the task detail view. That bug is no longer.
- 🐛 A minor fix to the new click-and-edit names on project, label, and filter views.
Version 1033 - September 24, 2020
- 🐛 There are a few translation updates so Todoist remains well-spoken.
- 🐛 Clicking on links inside tasks will no longer accidentally open the task detail view or the editor — you’ll head right to your destination.
- 🐛 The task detail view also got a new look on small screens. What do you think?
Version 1032 - September 23, 2020
- ✨ Introducing Todoist Boards: A more visual way to organize your projects. Drag tasks between sections, visualize your progress, and simplify your teamwork. To get started, open any project, press the menu icon in the top right, and select View as board. Rearrange your project by dragging and dropping tasks and sections, and use the Add Section button the far right to add a new section. Learn all about Boards on our blog.
Version 1031 - September 23, 2020
- 🐛 Another day, another section, and another task. You’ll be able to add them as usual once again.
- 🐛 Todoist for Mac and Safari may have shown you a white screen. No longer.
- 🐛 Try out the full width Add task button in Today and Upcoming view. Now it’s just like all other lists.
- 🐛 You can now also correctly add multiple tasks in Today view.
Version 1030 - September 21, 2020
- ⭐ Renaming projects, labels, and filters just got zippier. Simply click any name and edit it. ✏️
- ⚙️ A few reworked words to keep Todoist eloquent.
- 🐛 Switch to any view and you’ll end up at the top of that task list, as you probably expected to in the first place.
- 🐛 You can no longer accidentally delete or edit your Inbox or Team Inbox. 😅
- 🐛 Task editing is a little clearer now that forward slashes (/) between projects and sections are back.
- 🐛 Click on a link that you added to Todoist from your Gmail extension and it’ll open in a new tab as usual.
- 🐛 The "Project not found" warning will now display properly.
- 💅 And some minor style flourishes.
Version 1027, 1028, & 1029 - September 17, 2020
- ⭐ Todoist and Microsoft Teams now work hand in hand! Add Todoist tasks to a Teams conversation or turn to-dos from a conversation into tasks. Try the integration out for yourself.
- 🐛 And a few fixes and bug squishes for unexpected issues that might have affected you in Version 1027. Thanks for your patience! 🙏
Version 1026 - September 8, 2020
- ⚙️ If you happen to go over the whopping 15,000 character limit on a task’s comment, you’ll now see a note telling you to try an edit.
- 🐛 Attach an email to a task’s comments from your Chrome extension and it’ll once again open it up afterward.
- 🐛 Find tasks due at a specific time without getting bogged down with tasks due the entire day — filters with due before or due after queries are now more exacting.
- 🐛 Sort through a task’s activity log a little faster now that activities are grouped by day instead of week.
- 🐛 And thanks to our friends on Reddit, the bug that taunted Firefox users with an activity log entitled undefined NaN-NaN-NaN is squashed.
- 🐛 Right-click a task for more options — even on small screens.
- 🐛 You’ll once again see tasks in your Today widget on macOS. ✅
- 🐛 A little behind the scenes work to keep things just right.
Version 1025 - September 3, 2020
- 🐛 It’s pretty hard to choose a date, project, label, or color if the picker is behind the editing window. That's fixed now. 😅
Version 1024 - September 2, 2020
- ⚙️ See where your to-dos stand at a glance. Tasks with sub-tasks now feature a counter that shows you the number of sub-tasks completed versus the total.
- 🐛 Reference tasks once again now that you can copy any task's link.
- 🐛 Todoist now supports direct links to all your favorite apps — like Notion, Outlook, Siri, and Drafts — so you can get to everything you need to complete any task in a single click.
- 🐛 When editing a comment, the cursor will automatically be set to the end of the existing text.
- 🐛 Emoji looked a bit different in different parts of Todoist, but now they look right no matter where they are. 🎩
- 🐛 If you've got a ton of labels on a task, and click into task view, they'll display as a scrolling list instead of breaking the layout.
- 🐛 A long code block or quote inside a comment will wrap nicely (instead of, you guessed it, breaking the layout).
- 🐛 Assign tasks without a tooltip reading, strangely, [object Object].
- 🐛 A bug was causing tasks in the activity log to time travel. Now, you should once again see updates to tasks organized by their date.
- 🐛 Avatars will show up the way they should now, even in Dark Theme.
- 🐛 And a style fix or two.
Version 1023 - August 25, 2020
- ⚙️ You’ll save time now that the first option in a search is preselected. Once you’ve found what you're looking for, simply hit Enter.
- 🐛 Hunting for the information you need to get stuff done is a waste of time. You can now see all the comments and files in archived projects, so the details are never lost.
- 🐛 Get all the details now that the tabs in task view are visible once again (even on Safari versions of yore).
- 🐛 You’ll only be asked if you want to delete one section at a time, now that a bug has been squashed.
How many of our latest updates are you using? Find out by perusing the latest on the blog: What’s New in Todoist: Summer 2020 Edition 🌞.
Version 1022 - August 20, 2020
- 🐛 Done with the details? Close task view on small screens without a problem once again.
- 🐛 You can also get out of that view by pressing Escape or simply clicking outside of the popup window — now even when you have a dropdown menu open.
- 🐛 If you couldn’t add a new reminder to a task in a filtered view, you can now — because for Todoist to be your second brain, you’ll probably need a nudge from time to time.
- 🐛 Links from Todoist to Zotero and OmniFocus work as expected, now that a pesky bug has been nixed.
- 🐛 One last Outlook bug was squashed so you can open those emails no matter how you added them to Todoist as tasks.
- 🐛 And a bug causing a minor syncing issue was also taken care of.
Version 1021 - August 18, 2020
- ⭐️ Skip to the important updates about your shared projects with the handy new Unread tab in the notification view.
- ⭐ Smartly schedule tasks with new one-click options like later this week, this weekend, and next weekend. (Which are intelligent enough to only show up when you need them.) Because planning happens on Saturdays and Sundays, too. 🛋️
- ⭐ Customize your scheduler by setting the day that starts your weekend (and also the day that begins your week, too). Head to Settings > General.
- ⚙️ Filters based on dates now only show the due date once, because once is all it takes to get the job done.
- 🐛 Filters are back to displaying tasks in the correct order (because Wednesday is definitely after Monday and Tuesday — not before!).
- 🐛 RTSP and Siri Shortcuts links are working once more.
- 🐛 From spacing touch-ups to typography flourishes, Todoist’s look is a little more on point.
- 🐛 Plus the usual fixing and squashing to keep things working as they should be.
Version 1020 - August 17, 2020
- ⚙️ Helpful icons once again tell you if your tasks link to an email or something in Twist.
- 🐛 When using the Todoist plugin for Outlook, any tasks with links to an email will properly open right there in Outlook.
- 🐛 When hovering over the postpone button, you'll properly see the date the task will be postponed to. But sometimes it's better to just get it done. 😊
- 🐛 When searching for a shared label, it'll now show up in the auto-complete results under the search bar. Should save you a few keystrokes!
- 🐛 You won't have any buggy trouble rearranging your tasks in the Today view.
- 🐛 If you've recently shared a project, the tasks in there will properly show up in your Today and Upcoming views.
- 🐛 When moving tasks from one project to another, your sub-tasks will now count against your project task limit.
- 🐛Filters now group tasks the same way, no matter where you’re using Todoist. Confusion averted.
- 🐛 Before, when you collapsed a section with an open task editor, you couldn’t add tasks elsewhere. Now, when you collapse a section, add another task to any other section without a hitch.
- 🐛 And few under-the-hood improvements for our next big feature. We're excited to share it with you when we can, especially for those of you watching these updates very closely. 😉
Version 1019 - August 10, 2020
- 🐛 Get where you want to go a little faster on small screens. Now, when you’re viewing a task’s details and decide to click to a different project, label, or filter, your task will close and presto, your new view will appear!
Version 1018 - August 10, 2020
- ⚙️ Click on a task’s project in Today, Upcoming, or any of your filtered views and spot it more easily once inside that project (now even in dark mode) thanks to the new highlighting feature.
- ⚙️ Prefer paper? Print your Upcoming view problem-free.
- ⚙️ Click outside any popup and the only thing that happens is that popup closes. Simple!
- 🐛 Sneaky bugs were causing Todoist to jump around (and not in the good way). You can now reopen the scheduler for a task and stay in the same place on your list.
- 🐛 Your filters will now always show the filter’s name as the title (like Best filter ever), instead of the query itself (like p1 & @self-care & #Fun & #Friends & #Friday).
- 🐛 If you hit your task limit in a project (wow!), you’re once again able to move tasks inside it.
- 🐛 Searches while using the Dark theme returned invisible hyperlinks. No longer.
- 🐛 You can now also search for labels including a forward slash (/) — which were previously showing error messages.
- 🐛 If Todoist wasn’t abiding by when your week starts, it does once again.
- 🐛 While typing in the reminder field, Todoist would sometimes force you to type in the task name field instead. You can now set reminders in peace.
- 🐛 Minor behind-the-scenes improvements to keep everything running smoothly.
Version 1017 - August 3, 2020
- ⚙️ Gather your thoughts and share them more easily now that you can link directly to any notebook in OneNote.
- ⚙️ Translation and design updates keep Todoist fluent and pretty as a picture.
- 🐛 "No Date" scheduling option should be available again for multi-selected tasks
- 🐛 Audio files once again play in Todoist — as they should!
- 🐛 Save time by once again adding labels to multiple tasks — instead of having to set them one by one.
- 🐛 Opening the scheduler in a task at the bottom of a project will no longer unexpectedly scroll you to the top.
- 🐛 And little backstage work to keep the show going. 🎭
Version 1016 - July 30, 2020
- ⚙️ Click on a task’s project in Today, Upcoming, or any of your filtered views and spot it more easily once inside that project thanks to a new highlighting feature.
- ⚙️ When you complete a recurring task before it’s due, it will be rescheduled for the next recurring date. So if you take out the garbage Thursday night instead of Friday, you won’t be reminded to do that chore again until the following Friday. 🗑️
- 🐛 If you want to add a task with a slash as the last character (perhaps: Fix tasks ending in slashes/), feel free.
- 🐛 Todoist now supports a few more direct links to apps — like Outlook.
- 🐛 A few little fixes to keep things working as expected.
- 🐛 And design touch-ups, too!
Version 1015 - July 23, 2020
- 🐛 One more bug squash to make sure Todoist is always ready to go!
- 👇 (And did you see all the updates and squishes below!?)
Version 1014 - July 23, 2020
- ⚙️ The name of your project, label, filer, or view will now remain at the top of your screen, so you always know where you are no matter how far you scroll.
- ⚙️️ Accidently clicked delete? Now the undo bar is more attractive and easier to use!
- ⚙️ Some behind-the-scenes magic to prep for something big that’s coming your way soon. 🤫
- 🐛 How well do you know your keyboard shortcuts? Ctrl + → or ← increases or decreases task indentation inside projects. And now, thanks to a bug squish, Shift + Ctrl + → or ← lets you jump over words once again.
- 🐛 Use the keyboard shortcut a to add a task at the bottom of your projects once again.
- 🐛 Todoist understands natural language for dates a little better now — like when you type Pay rent every 25th of the month. ✅🏠
- 🐛 Links for Notion, Evernote, Bear, Spark, and Mailplane send you where you want to go.
- 🐛 Adding the Todoist for Gmail extension is a wee bit easier now that you’re met with a login screen to — well, log in to Todoist.
- 🐛 The bug that stopped you from changing a bunch of tasks’ labels at the same time is squashed.
- 🐛 If something strange was stopping you from adding a new reminder to a task, it’ll work now.
- 🐛 Some monthly recurring tasks took a summer holiday — but now they’re back to recurring each and every month. 🌴
- 🐛 Task not found in a filter, even though it was clearly there? Fixed it!
- 🐛 Select multiple tasks with collapsed sub-tasks and you now won’t risk applying changes to all those unselected sub-tasks, too!
- 🐛 Link and button styles are back on-trend. 💄
- 🐛 Finally, a pinch of this, a dash of that — just the normal recipe for a flawless Todoist.
Version 1013 - July 9, 2020
- 🐛 Nothing to see here! Just a little behind-the-scenes bug extermination.
Version 1012 - July 8, 2020
- ⭐ You can now quickly add a task to any section of a project by typing "/". For example, you could type "George W. Carver #Inspiration/Heroes" and the task will be moved to the Heroes section of your Inspiration project.
- ⭐ You'll now see sections in your search results, so you can get right to the tasks you need a lot faster.
- ⭐ You can also use sections in your filters by simply typing "/" into the query. “/Work” will display the “Work” section.
- ⭐ When adding or editing a task, you’ll notice that the currently selected project and section are handily displayed below.
- 🐛 Emojis would sometimes be displayed incorrectly on Windows 10. Not anymore, you can express yourself just right again. 👌
- 🐛 Sections can once again be properly expanded and collapsed, so you only see what you need to.
Version 1011 - July 7, 2020
- ⚙️ Add Todoist right to your device’s home screen or browser via the new progressive web app (PWA).
- ⚙️ A few minor updates to the naming conventions of projects, labels, and sections are helping to keep Todoist secure.
- 🐛 Add sub-tasks quickly, one after another, now that pressing Enter adds a sub-task instead of a parent task once again.
- 🐛 Saving a task and adding another directly above it with Shift + Enter or Ctrl + Enter is a bit easier now that the task editor doesn’t disappear.
- 🐛 If you couldn’t use your mouse to select a project or label from your task editor dropdowns, you can once again.
- 🐛 And a little bit of under-the-hood maintenance.
Version 1010 - July 3, 2020
- 🐛 Give yourself some space! You can now resize the left menu to an even smaller size than before.
- 🐛 There was a bug that caused collapsing tasks or change their priorities to be super slow. Now they're back to full speed. 🏎
- ⚙️ A handful of performance tweaks to make the task list move more smoothly.
Version 1009 - July 2, 2020
- 🐛 Some repeating tasks would be completed forever when you completed them, instead of recurring. Now they'll come back, and back, and back, until you're really done.
- 🐛 When looking at the task options menu by right clicking a task, you can properly click the three dots icon to see the mini-scheduler.
Version 1008 - July 1, 2020
- 🐛 When you paste multiple lines into Todoist, they'll appear as separate tasks and your task properties like the due date and priority will once again be be properly recognized.
- 🐛 When you click a link to Outlook, it'll open in Outlook properly so you can get right to your reply from your favorite email composer. 👍
- 🐛 You’ll once again have no trouble using the Google Drive and Dropbox windows to attach files to your comment. Sometimes a good attachment is the difference between “I don’t get it” and “Oh!”.
- 🔜 Plus a few useful updates will be rolling out in stages soon:
- ⭐ See all your task details with the redesigned Quick Add and task editor. You’ll notice a spacious new layout that highlights the text box, displays the due date and assignee, and more.
- ⭐ The entire task editor is now keyboard accessible and consistent across platforms.
- ⚙ To keep our task editor interactions consistent, those of you who used to hit tab to jump to the scheduler can now hit tab then enter to get there.
Version 1007 (2020/6/29)
- 🐛 You can now once again add slashes to your labels and they'll work just fine.
- 🐛 Your Upcoming view calendar now stays visible as you scroll, so you always know how far into the future you’re traveling.
- 🐛 You won't randomly get multiple reminders on your tasks. It was a bug, not an overeager Todoist.
- 🐛 As part of the complete removal of the underused smart scheduler, we've also removed the link from sub-tasks.
- 🐛 Freely share your #TodoistZero achievement on Twitter once again. (And nice work, by the way! ✊)
- 🐛 You can once again add tasks with diacritics in Todoist for Firefox once again.
- 🐛 Click on a link to an Outlook email in a task and now Todoist will open that email in Outlook — as it should.
- 🐛 We no longer show the archive option in your Inbox - because it didn't do anything anyway.
- 🐛 There was a strange bug stopping Todoist from notifying you. Squished it.
- 🐛 When you've got a shared project, you can once again sort tasks by who's responsible, and see just how much work each person has to do. Hopefully it's balanced nicely!
- 🐛 Sometimes your filter headings would say tomorrow when they meant yesterday. Not a time travel problem, just a typo.
- 🐛 You can sort tasks in labels just fine, once again!
- ⚙️ If you've got a long list of tasks, you'll notice some performance improvements.
- ⚙️ Better screen-reader support means task attributes like comments and reminders will now be read out more naturally.
Version 1006 (2020/6/8):
- ⚙️️ You might experience a few subtle changes to your Today, Projects, Labels, and Filters views as we optimize the user experience.
- ⚙️️ Switching between tasks is easier than ever — now your edits are auto-saved on your first task when you switch to edit a second task.
- ⚙️️ Underlined emojis look even better than before. That’s a good reason to start adding pizzaz to your links ✨
- ⚙️️ Click a menu and it will appear more rapidly. Vroom vroom.
- ⚙️️ Try out the beautiful new font settings in Japanese.
- ⚙️️ Todoist is a little safer, thanks to its new Content Security Policy.
- ⚙️️ Developers will be excited to know Todoist now has data attributes for item attributes in the task detail view — so you no longer need to rely on brittle class names.
- 🐛 You might have had a blank page staring back at you when you clicked to see your Today or Upcoming views. No longer.
- 🐛 Patched up a minor security vulnerability shared by one of our super attentive users (thank you!). You’ll notice that the Settings page will be opened in a new browser window when using browser extensions to protect you from this.
- 🐛 Sometimes the scheduler would close right after clicking it— not anymore! Go ahead and set your due dates without a hitch.
- 🐛 Home is still a click away: When you press the Home button in the top left after reloading the app, it’ll work properly.
- 🐛 No date? No problem. Todoist now understands when you add unscheduled tasks on macOS.
- 🐛 Complete a recurring task once and for all once again with shift + left-click. How many time-saving keyboard shortcuts do you use?
- 🐛 All comments, files, and photos are in place when you take a peek at the task view of your completed tasks — even if they have since-deleted labels.
- 🐛 You can now have the word constructor in your tasks without any funny business happening.
- Phew. That was a lot of bug squishing and app fixing. Naptime! 😴
Version 1005 (2020/5/22):
- 🐛 Todoist is all tuned up and ready to rumble.
Version 1004 (2020/5/20):
- 🐛 When selecting multiple tasks and rescheduling them at once, you’ll no longer lose your due dates. Sometimes it’s helpful to delay a bunch of tasks at once to free up your day (but don't delay your tasks too often!).
- 🐛 When you’re done with a search and you close quick find, the search field will turn empty, ready when you are for your next search. 🎯
- 🐛 You can once again properly record audio comments. Simply click the microphone under the comment text box and go from there. Sometimes it’s just easier to speak your thoughts out loud.
- 🐛 On Windows and Chrome, your task view won’t display a scrollbar unless you need it.
Version 1003 (2020/05/14)
- 🐛 Share code to your heart’s content. When you write `code`, it’ll become in task names and comments.
- 🐛 When you’re deleting a task or searching for a comment, you’ll no longer see Markdown. That means you’ll read This is an awesome task, not [This is an awesome task](https://commonmark.org/).
- 🐛 Editing a task’s name no longer causes your reminder to do a vanishing act. 💨
- 🐛 Create multiple sections in a row in peace — the pesky bug that stopped you before has been exterminated.
- 🐛 The expected, yet still delightful, fixes and refinements. How many can you spot?
Version 1002 (2020/05/09)
- You can reschedule overdue tasks right from your Today view once again — because sometimes things take a little longer than expected.
Version 1001 (2020/05/07)
- ⚙️️ There's no place like home. To get to your start page from anywhere you are in Todoist, click the home icon at the top left or press h — no need to click your heels three times. 👠
- ⚙️️ Swimming in overdue tasks? 🏊 You can now hit Reschedule and easily move them all to a date when things are a little less hectic. Pro tip: Instead of rescheduling every overdue task to the same due date, you can selectively reschedule a few tasks at a time.
- ⚙️️ In task view, you’ll no longer see Markdown when you’re heading to a parent task from a sub-task. That means your parent task will read This is an awesome task, not [This is an awesome task](https://commonmark.org/).
- 🐛 The Wunderlist importer now shows a little spinner to keep you company while you wait. (Which won't be long.)
- 🐛 We checked a few things off our to-do list so you could more easily check a few things off yours.
Version 1000 (2020/04/30)
- 🚀 It’s been a wild ride and we’re so proud of hitting Version 1000 of Todoist. That’s one thousand feature upgrades, design reimaginings, and opportunities to squish bugs. But we can’t take all the credit -- without you, the journey wouldn’t have meant so much. (And we couldn’t have done so much.) Cheers to the next 1000! 🥂
- ⚙️️ When importing your tasks from Wunderlist, Todoist will now alert you if a file is too large to upload. (But you can still store your feature-length vacation film on Dropbox and link to it in task comments.)
- ⚙️️ Confused about how to search? You probably would be even more confused if you clicked the question mark icon, only to find yourself on an article about filters. Fixed!
- 🐛 Hot off the press: Printing is now working properly. You’ll once again be able to hold your task list, plus every comment, in your hands.
- 🐛 A few written flourishes to keep things fresh.
Version 999 (2020/04/28)
- ✨ Introducing Upcoming View: Plan ahead with this bird’s eye view of your future tasks — whether they’re due today, this week, or any week. Add tasks to any date, and drag and drop tasks between days to fit your schedule. You’ll find Upcoming below Today in the left navigation menu.
Version 998 (2020/04/24)
- 🐛 A few additional tweaks to the macOS app so Todoist can truly understand your filter queries. (Because sometimes active listening takes a little practice.)
Version 997 (2020/04/23)
- ⚙️️ Find your Karma points right next to your Karma level in your Productivity view.
- ⚙️️ Add character to your to-do list with Unicode emojis. ✨ Here’s how.
- 🐛 If you couldn't add or edit reminders, you can once again. ⏰
- 🐛 The macOS app can once again understand your filter queries, no matter your language.
- 🐛 You can undo things more easily in Outlook and Internet Explorer now that the undo option shows up in the center of your app.
- 🐛 Couldn't close Todoist pop-ups? You can now.
- 🐛 And the usual app polishing and bug squishing.
Version 996 (2020/04/21)
- ⚙️️ Sure you want to delete? Now you can hit Enter to confirm your certainty, because confidence should be rewarded.
- 🐛 Drag and drop tasks even more easily with more responsive handles (those gray dots to the left of your tasks).
- 🐛 Syncing a single project with your Outlook or Apple calendar is easy-breezy now that links open in a new window. Learn how to see your scheduled tasks in your calendar.
- 🐛 You can once again use shortcuts on your Russian keyboard to toggle your menu (ь) and sort tasks by name (n).
- 🐛 When you’re back online after some time disconnecting, your offline icon will now disappear.
- 🐛 You might have been unable to see a task’s detail view after you closed it. Now you can!
- 🐛 If you were moving multiple tasks to a different project and found yourself suddenly at the top of your project, you’ll now be able to happily move tasks and stay in place.
- 🐛 You’ll find your completed tasks in the completed task section as soon as you tick them off.
- 🐛 Pesky bugs might have stopped you from adding a task in your projects. No longer.
- 🐛 There were a few broken links, which are now fixed. 🔧
- 🐛 Of course, the usual handful of alignment, copy, and cosmetic touch-ups across the app.
Version 995 (2020/04/14)
- ⚙️️ It's now easier to direct your task comments to the right people. To notify teammate(s) about a new comment, simply click the new bell icon in the top right of the comment composer. 🔔 Ding dong!
- ⚙️️ Add character to your Todoist with Unicode emojis. ✨ Here’s how.
- 🐛 Task views and tips might have popped up for you unexpectedly. 😲We’re not huge fans of surprises, so we put an end to that.
- 🐛 When we told you that you could attach an email to your comment, our words might have blocked the button where … you could attach an email to your comment. We fixed it.
- 🐛 The digital chiropractor aligns things once again.
- 🐛 You can now delete due dates from or add projects to tasks, like usual.
- 🐛 You’ll probably find what you’re looking for a little more easily, now that the search dropdown is back to its usual size.
- 🐛 A few small visual touch-ups to keep Todoist looking respectable.
- 🐛 Plus, a few cosmetic enhancements. 💄
Version 994 (2020/04/10)
- 🐛 Sometimes, the app would get stuck on a blank page. What was stuck is now unstuck. 🚜
Version 993 (2020/04/07)
- 🐛 We squashed a bug or two to keep everything under control.
Version 992 (2020/04/03)
- 🐛 A few things were misaligned. We fixed that — and added ‘digital chiropractor’ to our resume.
Version 991 (2020/04/01)
- ⭐ Todoist’s web design now has a more spacious, intuitive look, as well as a handful of new features. Learn more here or read below for the highlights.
- ⭐ When you want to focus on your tasks and not your projects, hide the left navigation menu by clicking the new menu icon or pressing m.
- ⚙️ It’s now easier to view any task’s details: No matter where you click on your task, you’ll see Task View.
- ⚙️ If you want to quickly edit a task, simply click the edit icon to the right of the task, or press Alt while clicking anywhere else on the task.
- ⚙️ You’ll notice the menu has moved to the left, so you have more space for your tasks. Even those lengthy ones like, “Learn how to properly pronounce the longest word in the dictionary: pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis”.
- ⚙️ Details make all the difference, and now yours are front and center. You’ll find Task View in the middle of your browser instead of to the right.
- ⚙️ The search field is stationed at the top left of your screen with a slightly lighter color, which makes it easier to spot now that it’s not the same shade as the background.
- ⚙️ Your task list adjusts to wide screens — centering it to keep the layout understandable at any width.
- ⚙️ To keep Todoist flexible, the navigation menu automatically hides when you shrink your browser window.
- ⚙️ Consistency is key — which is why you’ll see your daily goal count instead of your Karma score at the top right, just like on your mobile device.
- ⚙️ Searching just got easier: Use the up and down arrow keys to select items and the left and right arrow keys to edit your search.
- ⚙️️ When typing out a task’s details in Quick Add, you can now use № for adding a project and % for adding a label. These are especially helpful in Russian.
- ⚙️ Now you can edit projects directly in your favorite projects menu.
- ⚙️️ You can now add a label or filter right above or below another one by right clicking and choosing “Add label above,” “Add label below,” and so on.
- ⚙️️ When using the + button to add projects and labels, it’ll be added to the bottom of the list as it does on other platforms.
- ⚙️️ You can save precious time with keyboard shortcuts. Not sure which to use? When you hover over an icon with a shortcut, we’ll let you know. (And you can learn them all here.)
- 🐛 Clicking on a notification now also closes the notification panel, so you can get right to work.
- 🐛 You now can view due dates that end in the number 1, even in Russian. Because everyone should be able to take the trash out in 11 hours or try the gym again in 61 days.
Version 990 (2020/03/18)
- ⚙️ You can now edit, archive or leave a project while you have it open.
- 🐛 A few minor improvements and bug fixes to keep everything running smoothly.
Version 989 (2020/03/13)
- 🐛You couldn't see who tasks were assigned to unless you hovered over the task. Now you can. (No more playing Guess Who!)
Version 988 (2020/03/09)
- ⚙️️ Importing your tasks from Wunderlist just got a little nicer with a redesigned front page.
- ⚙️️ Any links that point back to Todoist will no longer open in a new browser tab (helping to reduce that endless tab overload).
- ⚙️️ The login and sign-up screens are a little more sleek thanks to a few touch-ups and accessibility upgrades.
- ⚙️️ A few small design enhancements and flourishes to make Todoist look polished.
- 🐛 You couldn’t see any tasks in archived projects. Don’t worry, they’re back.
- 🐛 If you're already using the Todoist for macOS app, Todoist won't ask you to download it again. One less interruption in your day.
- 🐛 When setting recurring due dates, you won’t have any more issues with the wrong start date – so you can kickstart your weekly writing session on time.
- 🐛 You can’t create empty tasks anymore (although crossing them off must have felt like a freebie).
- 🐛 A handful of minor improvements and bug fixes to keep Todoist running smoothly.
What's New in Todoist (2020/02/27)
- ✨ After the launch of Todoist Foundations, our product teams have been hard at work on a handful of smaller Todoist updates, from iOS Shortcuts to viewing completed sub-tasks in Task View. Check out What's New in Todoist.
Version 987 (2020/02/11)
- ⭐If you're using Todoist with Google Calendar, you're no longer limited to syncing just one calendar. You can now sync as many Todoist projects to as many Google Calendars as you'd like. Set it up at Settings > Integrations > Google Calendar. Learn more on our Help Center.
- ⭐ Todoist now speaks Czech. Ahoj!
- ⚙️️ Todoist now has a redesigned, more secure interface for changing your password. It’s not something you do often, but it should work nicely when you need it.
- 🐛 When using Todoist for macOS, you can once again uncomplete any Todoist action directly from a notification.
- 🐛 There is no longer a “Sort by date” keyboard shortcut in the Today view - because it didn’t do anything anyway.
- 🐛 A handful of small fixes to keep Todoist running smoothly.
Version 986 (2020/01/30)
🐛 When you typed an abbreviated date like "Wed" into a task name, Todoist would correctly recognize the date. But if you were actually in the middle of typing the word "Wedding", Todoist would still set the due date to Wednesday by mistake. This bug is now fixed. Your wedding no longer has to be on a Wednesday, you can eat fries on a Monday, and go sunbathing on a Thursday if the mood strikes.
- 🐛 When you’re reordering tasks in a project with sections, you won’t get strange visual glitches.
- 🐛 A few visual touch ups to Task View and the emoji picker.
Version 985 (2020/01/23)
- ⭐ You can now set the date to “no date” by simply typing it in to the task name.
- ⚙️️ When scrolling through the activity log, the icons no longer overlap the topbar.
- ⚙️️ Completed tasks will be sorted by the time they're completed.
- ⚙️️ You’ll once again see a subtle animation when completing a task.
- ⚙️️ The “Add task" button is always above completed tasks.
- ⚙️️ You won’t see the “archive task” in Task View anymore, as you now only archive sections.
- ⚙️️ A handful of updates to spacing, the emoji picker, dialog windows and copy to keep Todoist polished.
- 🐛 No more crashes when updating a label for a completed task.
- 🐛 You can now properly type emojis into section names.
- 🐛 Added some code to macOS notifications so you can do notification actions properly.
- 🐛 The project picker and right-click menu will now properly close when you click outside it.
- 🐛 Editor would show a warning when a project and label had the same name, now it won’t.
- 🐛 The changelog page will now properly open in a new window.
- 🐛 Project comments will now be included when you print.
- 🐛 If a translation for your language is missing, it’ll default to English instead of blank.
- 🐛 When duplicating a reminder, the time will stay the same.
- 🐛 In-app links in the Gmail app for Todoist will no longer open a new tab.
- 🐛 No more flickering link tooltips in Task View.
- 🐛 You’ll be able to indent properly on Windows thanks to some code updates.
- 🐛 Todoist should sync properly after waking up your computer from sleep.
- 🐛 Smaller copy updates and bug fixes to keep Todoist polished.
- 🐛 For some of you, notifications were disappearing. They’re back for good.
- 🐛 When selecting multiple tasks at once, some modals would be too large. Not anymore, they’re just right.
- 🐛 You won’t run into recognition issues when typing into the scheduler in IME languages like Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
Version 984 (2020/01/07)
- 🐛 You can once again move a task to a different project by right-clicking on it and selecting "Move to project".
- 🐛 In the activity log, you'll now be able to filter for a specific project again.
- 🐛 When printing a project, its sections will now show up accordingly.
Version 983 (2019/12/19)
- ⚙️️ A few translation touch-ups to keep Todoist fluent.
- ⚙️️ When adding a relative reminder to a task with due time, you'll now have more options to choose from.
- ⚙️️ The schedule options are now shown in the same order wherever you see them.
- ⚙️️ Todoist is a bit more fluent thanks to some translation improvements.
- ⚙️️ When you click an audio comment, it’ll play using your browser’s audio player.
- ⚙️️ Subtle user interface tweaks to make the left menu and top bar look nicer.
- 🐛 You can now properly delete multiple sub-tasks from Task View. Useful when it's time to clear out those tasks you don't need.
- 🐛 You can once again move a task to another project by typing #project-name.
- 🐛 Signing out on the macOS app will work properly.
- 🐛 There were some tasks not shown in projects, even though they were appearing in the total project count. You'll now see them as you should.
- 🐛 A handful of bug fixes and improvements to keep Todoist running smoothly.
- 🐛 You can once again move tasks into projects using the task editor project picker.
- 🐛 All your emojis will render as they should, now.
- 🐛 If a project name is too long to show on one line, it won’t be cut in the middle - overflow words will move to the next line properly.
- 🐛 Free Todoist users were incorrectly being limited to 149 tasks per project instead of 150. Make it count!
- 🐛 You’ll properly see the project activity log in the project details window.
Version 982 (2019/12/05)
- 🐛 When using Todoist in any language other than English, you may have experienced several issues with notifications, karma and Today. This has been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Version 981 (2019/12/04)
- 🐛 You can once again properly move one or multiple tasks to a new project by holding Ctrl, selecting the tasks, and pressing “Move to project” at the top.
- 🐛 When viewing a label and pressing "Quick add", the new task will start with the label included.
- ⚙️️ A few minor visual touch-ups for a more polished Todoist.
Version 979 (2019/11/29)
- ⚙️️ When looking at Task View, you'll see the task’s completed sub-tasks if there are any. It's helpful to review what you’ve completed so far, and uncomplete tasks if you need to.
- ⚙️️ A series of small style fixes and improvements to keep Todoist looking sharp.
- ⚙️️ When selecting multiple tasks, you'll now have the option to complete them all (instead of archive them).
- ⚙️️ It's easier to edit a task by clicking it thanks to a wider click area.
- ⚙️️ When you hover over a task, you'll see three buttons to the right. They now all have tooltips when you hover over them to help you know what they are.
- ⚙️️ A few rendering and cosmetic updates to how Settings look in dark theme and how emojis are rendered on IE11.
- ⚙️️ A few touched up translations.
- 🐛 You’ll once again see the assignee of a task in Task View.
- 🐛 You won’t get an error when editing a newly added task from the sub-tasks panel in Task View.
- 🐛 Project names won’t have words sliced in half in the left menu anymore.
- 🐛 When using Todoist in a small window, the left menu will once again automatically close.
- 🐛 You can properly set a date to “Every Xth” where X is greater than 5.
- 🐛 When you change a theme, it’ll immediately change.
- 🐛 The task menus will now properly open from Task View.
- 🐛 The scheduler opens without being cut off.
Version 978 (2019/11/21)
- ⚙️️ When you click on a section, you’ll edit the section name.
- ⚙️️ If you’re using dark theme, the Settings pages will now turn dark as well. Easier on the eyes and more coordinated, too.
- 🐛 Older completed tasks will now properly be hidden under their parent task.
- 🐛 When you add a comment, the action will be shown in your activity tab.
- 🐛 You’ll properly see “Today”, “Next 7 Days” and so on as the tab title on your browser, instead of a filter query.
- 🐛 You can now see who added a task: Just look for the the “Added by” info in Task View.
- 🐛 It’ll be much smoother and bug free when typing out the name of a project for your task.
- 🐛 When using Twist’s "Add to Todoist" feature, the pop up will dismiss after adding the task.
- 🐛 The postpone option won’t cause you any more trouble if you’re rescheduling the final task in a recurring sequence, like “Every Monday until January 1”.
- 🐛 On IE11, Ctrl/Shift + Enter now works properly to add a next task above/below the current task.
- 🐛 On IE11, sub-tasks will load properly.
- 🐛 A series of small visual touch ups to keep Todoist looking polished.
Version 977 (2019/11/15)
- 🐛 On macOS, it sometimes wasn't possible to parse labels. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 After moving a task to a project, you'll now have the option to undo the action using the banner at the bottom of your screen.
- 🐛 When using Todoist in a small window, the navigation menu will now be hidden again after opening a project.
- 🐛 Links to tasks in shared projects can now be used by everyone in the project again.
Version 976 (2019/11/08)
- ⚙️️ Added a more accurate link for downloading the Windows app.
- ⚙️️ Some visual adjustments to keep Todoist looking nice.
- 🐛 When you leave a task's title blank or type "null" as the title, Todoist will no longer freeze up.
- 🐛 You won't see an awkward gradient appearing when you hover over tasks.
Version 975 (2019/11/06)
- 🐛When using dark theme and looking at sub-tasks, your Task View icon will no longer show a white background.
- 🐛 When you move a task to another project, you'll stay in your current view instead of moving to that project.
- 🐛 If you have a task under a section, and move it to another project, it will properly disappear.
- ⚙️️ A few small updates to copy and links to downloads to give you the information you're looking for.
Version 974 (2019/11/04)
- ⚙️️ The login and login and sign-up screens have some subtle style updates and better accessibility.
- ⚙️️ Even on small screens, when selecting multiple items, you'll see all actions.
- ⚙️️ You'll see more of your task title with wider columns and moving the due time below the task.
- ⚙️️ There are nice new Japanese fonts.
- 🐛 Clicking on a link from Task View was opening the link and also opening task edit mode at the same time. Now it will just open the link.
- 🐛 Closing the attachment preview with Escape no longer closes the whole task view.
- 🐛 For certain languages, the last character wouldn't be applied when creating tasks. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 Your due date changes should now be immediately updated again.
- 🐛 You'll now always see the creator of a task shown in activity logs.
- 🐛 When uploading files from Dropbox, you should no longer run into any errors.
- 🐛 Emoji will now be rendered correctly again in projects, sections, labels, and filters.
- 🐛 When adding an email as a comment in Outlook, it should now link to the email again instead of adding it as a file.
- 🐛 When you clicked on the three dots menu on a sub-project, it would scroll up. Not anymore.
- 🐛 Pressing Escape now closes the left sidebar in small window views.
- 🐛 Clicking on the three dot icon, and then clicking on the Task View will close the three dot icon.
- 🐛 "Date & time" and "Before task" reminder icons were switched around.
- 🐛 Hide sidebar list of labels from Free users.
Version 973 (2019/10/25)
- 🐛 You'll no longer receive an error when clicking on the comment or sub-task icon in the task view.
- 🐛 You can once again include comments when printing your task lists.
- 🐛 It wasn't possible to add a task to Todoist from several different apps. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 When adding a reminder to a task without a due date, you'll now see the reminder icon accordingly.
- 🐛 Fixed several separator lines display issues.
Version 972 (2019/10/22)
- 🎉 Say hello to Todoist Foundations: A comprehensive update with faster, more intuitive, more reliable ways to get things done. Check out the launch announcement and video or read the details below. 👇
- ⭐ You can now divide your project into Sections. Add a Section from the three dots menu in the top right of any project, then add tasks by dragging them into the section. Try using Sections to arrange your projects by stage (Research, Planning, Launch) or by timeline (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3).
- ⭐ Manage every detail about a task – its due date, assignee, labels, sub-tasks, comments, and more – in one place with new Task View. Simply hover over a task and click the “i” icon.
- ⭐ It’s now easier to manage your sub-tasks right from Task View. Simply click the sub-tasks tab and you can add, view and complete sub-tasks in context.
- ⭐ Your Labels list will now be divided into “Personal” and “Shared” labels. Whenever someone adds a label to a task in a shared project, you’ll see it in your Shared labels; All the labels you create yourself go into your Personal labels. For those of you who collaborate in Todoist, this change should keep your label list much more organized and manageable.
- ⭐ Enjoy a more coordinated look across the app with colorful, redesigned icons on every platform.
- ⭐ You can now see your completed tasks right within your project. Simply select “Show completed tasks” from the three dots menu and you’ll see checked-off tasks right in your project list. You can see them in task view, too.
- ⚙️️ You’ll notice a more reliable, more responsive Todoist across the board thanks to a handful of user interface and under-the-hood updates and bug fixes. These also lay the foundation for powerful new features around the corner. 🚀
Version 971 (2019/09/24)
- 🐛 Todoist sometimes failed to open due to a local data loading error. This has been fixed.
Version 970 (2019/09/17)
- ⚙️ You can no longer add archived projects to your favorites.
- 🐛 The "Add Task" button would sometimes not show up. It will now show up again.
- 🐛 Long project names in your favorite list are displayed correctly again.
- 🐛 When updating a due date, you should now see the changes instantly.
- 🐛 The drag handle is once again visible when you hover over a task.
- 🐛 "CTRL + Enter" (or "CMD + Enter") once again works for quick adding a comment.
Version 969 (2019/09/10)
- 🐛 Multi-selected tasks weren't highlighted properly. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 When clicking on a task's label, you will now be shown all tasks with that label again.
- 🐛 When typing #, @, or + when adding a task, you will now see all available options again.
- 🐛 Updating a task's due date is now visible right away.
- 🐛 You can once again add a filter to your favorites by right-clicking it and selecting Add to favorites.
Version 968 (2019/09/04)
- ⚙️ The label picker has nicer polished edges.
- ⚙️ The actions below the task editor now have tooltips if you hover over them.
- 🐛 If you're already using Todoist Premium we won't ask you to upgrade again... because it's impossible.
- 🐛 When deleting a task, you'll now see the right content in the delete confirmation screen. This is so you can have more confidence that you're deleting the right task.
Version 967 (2019/08/30)
- ⚙️ Just a bit of under-the-hood maintenance.
Version 966 (2019/08/28)
- ⚙️ When using Quick Add, you'll once again see tooltips when you hover over the actions.
- ⚙️ Project names can now be up to 120 characters long. Feel free to add an emoji or two. 😊🚀
- 🐛 On the macOS app, when typing labels or project names, you won't see system autocomplete suggestions anymore.
- 🐛 When you see a pop-up window with a confirmation window, you can properly press enter to confirm.
- 🐛 The right click menu of projects or labels will now display properly.
- 🐛 Clicking on a task's label will properly take you to the label view.
- 🐛 Comments will be added to tasks even when you dismiss the window by pressing escape.
- 🐛 Labels and filters will now display properly for free accounts.
- 🐛 When changing the due date of a task in the Today or Next 7 days view, it'll update immediately (instead of lagging a bit).
Version 965 (2019/08/20)
- ⚙️️ It's a little less cramped when editing a label, filter or project from the sidebar: You'll now use a modal window instead of editing it right within the list.
- ⚙️️ You can now select labels from the label picker without having to confirm using the "Done" or "Cancel" buttons. Plus a few smaller updates to the label picker.
- 🐛 A handful of bug fixes and improvements to the task input field.
- 🐛 A few updates to the accessibility of the login form.
Version 964 (2019/08/04)
- 🐛 You'll once again see shortened task names for tasks that are added from extensions or plugins.
Version 963 (2019/08/05)
- 🐛 In German, you can now properly use the + shortcut to assign a task.
- 🐛 You may have noticed that some words would disappear from your tasks, but they won't anymore.
- 🐛 You'll notice better editor performance when using IE11.
Version 962 (2019/08/01)
- 🐛 Fixed several issues relating to the task add and edit interface.
Version 961 (2019/07/30)
- 🐛 Fixed an issue where the project options menu couldn't be opened.
- 🐛 You won't have any more problems adding your emails as tasks using the browser extension.
- 🐛 Fixed an issue where the Quick Add dialog would be wrongly positioned.
Version 960 (2019/07/30)
- ⭐ When selecting a project, label or collaborator on a task, you'll notice new, more intuitive menus. Plus, you can now type in the name of the project or label to find what you're looking for faster.
- ⭐ The task editor has been improved across the board so you'll experience better performance and less bugs.
- 🐛 When you click on the project name beside a task, Todoist will once again jump to that task's location within the given project.
- 🐛 If a project has a long name, you will no longer have trouble clicking on the project menu in the top right.
Version 959 (2019/07/25)
- 🐛 When searching for a task, you'll no longer get an error mentioning "That filter query isn't quite right".
- 🐛 You'll now properly see your default filters on a free account (You may have seen an error mentioning "Sorry, Todoist couldn't understand that filter query").
Version 958 (2019/07/22)
- 🐛 Tasks would sometimes randomly collapse. This has been fixed.
- ⚙ Multi-selected tasks will now remain selected after adding or removing a label.
Version 957 (2019/07/11)
- 🐛 Some small bug fixes and improvements to keep Todoist running smoothly.
Version 956 (2019/06/18)
- ⚙ The keyboard shortcut for sort by date was changed to "d".
- 🐛 You won't get strange rearranging task problems when inserting a task into the middle of a list.
- 🐛 Your comments will no longer randomly disappear when you open the scheduler.
Version 955 (2019/06/11)
- 🐛 Fixed an issue in older IE browsers where the right click menu was broken.
- 🐛 When selecting a time, sometimes the dialog box would close. Not anymore!
- 🐛 You can paste multiple lines into Todoist in Safari.
Version 954 (2019/06/04)
- 🐛Todoist was crashing in older IE browsers, but that's been fixed.
Version 953 (2019/06/03)
- ⚙ When creating a filter query, you'll only see the items that precisely match the keyword you enter. For example, "#work" will show you tasks in the #work project.
If you want to see every project with your keyword in it, then use the * symbol, too: "#work*" will show you #work and #workplace, for example.
You may have to update your filters accordingly. Apologies for any inconvenience 🙏
Version 952 (2019/05/22)
- 🐛 Even when your browser window is small, Todoist will still look good.
Version 951 (2019/05/13)
- ⚙ Todoist will resize itself more accurately based on the size of your browser.
- 🐛 When you create a new task in a new project, it will no longer jump over to another project.
- 🐛 When editing a sub-task, it will no longer jump to the bottom of the list.
- 🐛 You can once again print your task comments.
Version 950 (2019/05/08)
- ⚙︎When you duplicate a task, you'll now also duplicate its reminders. Plus, you'll have an option to duplicate the task comments as well.
- 🐛 When looking at your scheduler, the first few days of the month would occasionally be missing. They're back!
Version 949 (2019/04/25)
- ⚙ In an effort to simplify your default start page settings, you now have a few less options as we've removed "blank", "custom query" and "overdue, today and tomorrow". However, you can now create any filter you want and set it as your default -- that gives you more freedom to see whatever you want when you start Todoist. Find it under Settings > General.
- 🐛 The start page would sometimes show up empty. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 When sorting your task lists by name, tasks with capitalized letters are now sorted correctly again.
- 🐛 Automatic reminders are now updated automatically when changing a task's due time.
- 🐛 Changing the order of your projects would sometimes cause a sync error. This has been fixed.
Version 948 (2019/04/08)
- 🐛 When submitting a comment, your attachment will no longer get lost if it hasn't finished uploading.
- 🐛 Tasks found via search can now be edited via the comment window again.
- 🐛 On macOS, labels are now sorted correctly again.
Version 947 (2019/03/26)
- 🐛 Clicking on the Todoist icon in the top left now leads you to your default start page again.
Version 946 (2019/03/26)
- 🐛 On Windows, you can once again drag-and-drop freely.
Version 945 (2019/03/25)
- 🐛 There were a few situations where "Add task" wasn't working properly. Those are fixed, so add away.
- 🐛 While typing in a task, Todoist would sometimes refresh on its own and abandon your task. You can now type in peace.
Version 944 (2019/03/20)
- 🐛 The task scheduler will now have the right layout on older browsers, too.
Version 943 (2019/03/20)
- ⭐️ The task scheduler got a few touch ups to make it easier to use.
- 🐛 Some comments were occasionally disappearing, but now they're back
Version 942 (2019/03/15)
- 🐛The 'a' and 'u' keyboard shortcuts should now properly open up the task editor.
- 🐛After uncompleting a task, sometimes your tasks wouldn't update properly. Now they will.
- 🐛You can once again properly update a task's due date from the Comment window.
Version 941 (2019/03/14)
- 🐛You can once again properly edit your project and labels.
- 🐛The Today widget on macOS will now correctly display the right set of tasks.
Version 940 (2019/03/13)
- 🐛Your list of favorite projects will now appear in the same order as they appear in your project list.
- 🐛The keyboard shortcuts for adding and editing a task were acting up but that's been fixed.
Version 939 (2019/03/12)
- ⭐️ When you undo an action like rescheduling a task, you'll see a nicer animation.
- 🐛 When looking at a Today view with no tasks in it, you'll see the number of completed tasks for the day.
- ⚙ A major under-the-hood upgrade helps tasks and sub-tasks work together better.
Version 938 (2019/03/06)
- 🐛When you postpone an overdue task from the right-click menu, the date will properly update.
Version 937 (2019/03/03)
- ⭐️ You can now select a time zone for your due dates, handy for those of you who travel often or share projects across time zones. Read more about the change.
- 🐛 Sometimes your reminders wouldn't be set properly. Not anymore.
- 🐛 Your unread notifications icon will only light up when you actually have some unreads.
Version 936 (2019/02/15)
- 🐛 Sometimes the first thing you'd see in Todoist was a blank list. It was probably nice to think "Did I finish everything already?", but we've restored your tasks so you can get things done again, for real.
- 🐛 Your filters that include a specific time like 5pm will now display the correct tasks.
- 🐛 When you enter a time with the format "HH:MM am", it'll properly save the time.
Version 935 (2019/01/16)
- 🐛 You may notice that Todoist runs more smoothly across the app thanks to some performance optimizations.
- 🐛 When quick adding a task, the assign icon would sometimes not appear after selecting a shared project. This has now been fixed.
Version 934 (2019/01/14)
- 🐛 Even if you're using Todoist in a smaller window, you'll now be able to click the New version accessible option from the Settings menu in the top right.
- 🐛 Fixed a small memory storage issue with the Safari browser.
Version 933 (2019/01/11)
Version 932 (2019/01/09)
- 🐛 You can once again attach emails to comments when using the Outlook add-in.
Version 931 (2019/01/07)
- ⭐️You can now have up to 300 tasks in a project! Perfect for the project that grows and grows.
- 🐛When you click a link in a task, it'll now open correctly.
Version 930 (2019/01/04)
- 🐛 If you were using the Japanese, Korean or Chinese language, you'll now be able to input text without those little bugs.
- 🐛 You can once again drag-and-drop a task into a sub-task.
- 🐛 The task scheduler will work properly from the right-click menu. Simply click the three dots icon under Schedule.
Version 929 (2018/12/27)
- 🐛 Project lists will no longer show duplicates.
- 🐛 You can now properly remove a task due date.
Version 928 (2018/12/25)
- 🐛The postpone action on recurring tasks would incorrectly remove the recurrence pattern. This has now been fixed.
Version 927 (2018/12/21)
- 🐛 Sometimes tasks wouldn't show up in certain browsers. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 The scheduler is now easier to operate with your keyboard.
Version 926 (2018/12/06)
- 🐛On Firefox, you can once again edit a project or look at the Labels list.
- 🐛You can now properly drag a task into any project on your favorites list.
- 🐛You can once again add a task from the Today view using the keyboard shortcut "a".
- 🐛When you postpone a task using the scheduler, your due time will no longer be lost.
Version 925 (2018/12/03)
- ⭐ With the redesigned task scheduler, you can now schedule tasks more easily using shortcuts like Today, Next Week, etc. within one tap; That includes adding a new time. Thanks to everyone who took the time to provide feedback!
- 🐛You'll now see the right task count beside each of your favorite projects, labels and filters.
- 🐛If you keep Todoist open overnight, your view will be properly updated to reflect the new date.
Version 924 (2018/11/06)
- 🐛When using the gold theme, you couldn't log in to Todoist. That's been fixed and you can once again log into your (luxurious) task list.
Version 923 (2018/11/06)
- ⭐ Enjoy the updated illustrations that display in empty screens like when you complete all your tasks or open a new project.
- 🐛Task comments will now properly show up even if the task's original project was archived.
- 🐛You can click on the "New version update" item in the Chrome/Firefox extension.
- 🐛Emojis in comments now show up properly in the Dark theme. This little one looks particularly good: 😎.
Version 922 (2018/11/01)
- 🐛No more seeing double: You'll no longer see duplicate projects in Todoist.
Version 921 (2018/10/30)
- 🐛When updating the date of an overdue task, the new date will now save properly.
- 🐛A few visual updates to some user interface glitches.
Version 920 (2018/10/19)
- 🐛Searching for a task was displaying an error by mistake, but it's been fixed. Sorry about the temporary inconvenience: You can now search just fine.
- 🐛You can now properly see task comments on Internet Explorer 11.
Version 919 (2018/10/15)
- 🐛 When you updated a due date using natural language, it wouldn’t save properly. This has been fixed.
- 🐛 When clicking on the project name next to a task, you'll be taken to that project with the task highlighted again.
- 🐛 Your cursor should no longer jump around when editing a task in Microsoft Edge.
Version 918 (2018/10/10)
- ⭐ You can now reschedule all your overdue tasks for today. To do this, simply click on Reschedule overdue and select Move to Today.
- 🐛 Squashed a bug which prevented some users from logging in.
Version 917 (2018/10/02)
- 🐛 Editing an overdue task would sometimes randomly change the date. Not anymore.
Version 916 (2018/10/02)
- ⚙ When opening various empty views in Todoist, including Today, Next 7 Days, a project and more, you'll see updated illustrations and tips.
- 🐛 Dark theme is a bit more polished thanks to a bunch of little fixes to icons, fonts and alignment.
Version 915 (2018/09/27)
- 🐛 Sometimes, a task's due time would be lost when rescheduling a task. Don't worry - your times aren't going anywhere, anymore.
Version 914 (2018/09/25)
- ⭐ Dark Theme for Todoist has (finally) arrived! 🎉 The new theme revamps every color, icon, and font in the app for a completely, well, darker look. To turn it on, simply open your Settings, select Themes, and choose Dark from the options.
Version 913 (2018/08/17)
- 🐛 There used to be a blank actions menu in the top right of your labels and filters -- it's now gone.
Version 912 (2018/08/14)
- ⚙ You can choose to Print from the menu in the top right of any view in Todoist - whether that's a project, the Today view, a filter or anything else.
- ⚙ When choosing a color for your project, you'll notice a slight change to the color picker. Also, the black project color has been changed to dark grey. This is all in preparation for an exciting new feature coming soon. Stay tuned, and sorry for any inconvenience.
- 🐛 When printing a project, you'll now print your sub-projects, too.
- 🐛 You'll now see the correct number of tasks to the right of the Today title in the top left.
Version 911 (2018/07/26)
- 🐛 You can once again properly Disable Karma. Our apologies if this caused some trouble with your streaks.
- ⚙️️ Enjoy the subtle new icons for the Inbox, Today and Next 7 Days views in your navigation pane to the left.
- ⚙️️ If you're using Todoist Business, you'll notice a new design for the Team Inbox icon.
Version 910 (2018/07/11)
- ⭐ In your navigation pane to the left, the category headers Projects, Labels and Filters will no longer disappear from view when scrolling. They'll now stick to the top of your view.
- ⚙ You'll have an easier time searching for a comment now that your results will be organized by task and by project.
- 🐛 You may have experienced some sync issues when using the Mac app. That's been fixed.
- 🐛 When using a filter, tasks will now properly be sorted by priority.
Version 909 (2018/06/29)
- ⚙ When label view contains tasks from several different projects, the order of the projects will now be the same as your projects list.
- 🐛 Todoist occasionally had trouble syncing with the server. That's been fixed and everything is running smoothly again.
Version 908 (2018/06/25)
- ⭐ When viewing a project with several sub-projects, you can now choose whether you want to see all the projects and their tasks, or just the one parent project. Simply click on the project name in the left nav menu again to toggle between the two views.
- 🐛 Your task count for the Today and Next 7 Days views will be properly updated right as the day changes at midnight.
- 🐛 Projects will now stay put after you move them to a new position in your projects list.
Version 907 (2018/06/12)
- 🐛 The task count next to Today and Next 7 Days sometimes displayed incorrect values. We did the math -- these numbers now add up.
Version 906 (2018/06/06)
- 🐛 If you were still having trouble re-ordering tasks in some filters, a few more bugs have been fixed and it should work properly.
- 🐛 Deleting an archived project wouldn't actually remove the project from your list. This has been fixed.
Version 905 (2018/06/05)
- 🐛 When using some filters that include a query like "today", "next 7 days" or anything with "day" in it, tasks could not be re-ordered properly. Now they can.
Version 904 (2018/05/23)
- ⚙ By default, filters and labels will now include all tasks regardless of who they’re assigned to. Specifically, you’ll see every task that is assigned to you, assigned to other people and unassigned. This will give you a more complete overview of your personal and shared projects.
- If you want your filters to only list tasks assigned to you, you can narrow things down with the filter query assigned to: me.
- To see tasks assigned to you or unassigned (and ignore tasks assigned to others), you can use !assigned to: others. This is useful if you want to revert to how filters used to work.
- Learn more about filters.
- 🐛 Team members would occasionally be randomly removed from shared projects. That won't happen anymore -- your teammates are here to stay.
Version 903 (2018/05/22)
- 🐛 People in a shared project would randomly get removed from the project, but that's been fixed up.
Version 902 (2018/05/15)
- ⭐ When you achieve your weekly goal, you'll now see a new congratulations message in the top right.
- 🐛 Receiving a shared project notification using Todoist in a language other than English will now look fine.
Version 901 (2018/04/27)
- 🐛 You may have noticed a few missing task and project comments. They're back!
Version 900 (2018/04/24)
- 🐛 There was a problem when trying to view older project comments. They'll now show up just fine.
Version 899 (2018/04/17)
- 🐛 If you've got a lot of tasks and projects, you'll notice that things move a little faster.
Version 898 (2018/04/08)
- 🐛 Labels were occasionally being hidden when starting up Todoist. That's been fixed.
Version 897 (2018/04/05)
- 🐛You might have experienced some slowdown when completing a task, but that’s been fixed.
- 🐛Your Todoist experience should be smoother now that we’ve squashed a bunch of smaller bugs across the app.
Version 896 (2018/03/30)
- 🐛 Completing a task wasn't always working properly, but the bugs have been fixed and you can continue knocking off those tasks.
Version 895 (2018/03/15)
- ⭐️ You can now add your most important projects, labels, and filters to your favorites, so they’ll be close at hand whenever you need them
- ⭐️ Find what you’re looking for faster with our completely redesigned search. It’s now much easier to search for tasks as well as comments.
- ⚙️️ You’ll now see the number of tasks in a filter.
Version 894 (2018/03/08)
- 🐛 You'll no longer see tasks assigned to other people in your Today and Next 7 Days views. Sorry about that – you've got enough to do as it is!
- 🐛 The task count shown beside a project will accurately show the total number of tasks in the project and will no longer count sections.
Version 892 (2018/02/12)
- 🐛 Some filters were not properly displaying tasks from sub-projects. That's been fixed.
Version 891 (2018/02/06)
- 🐛 When you tried to quick add a task from the Labels view, Todoist would crash. That's been fixed.
- 🐛 Your archived projects will now be displayed correctly.
- 🐛 The order of your project list was not being synced properly, but now it is.
Version 890 (2018/02/03)
- 🐛 There was a bug where trying to add tasks in a variety of situations, including quick add and adding by email, wouldn't work. You can now add your tasks just fine.
- ⚙️️ A bunch of under-the-hood performance improvements to keep Todoist running smoothly.
Version 889 (2018/02/01)
- 🐛You can now properly archive a project. Thanks to everyone who reported this issue!
Version 888 (2018/01/23)
- ⭐️ Review your progress and stay motivated with the revamped Your Productivity view. To check your productivity click your Karma score in the top right. You can now see your daily and weekly progress as well as your Karma points by switching between the three tabs.
- ⭐️ You can now check your progress towards your daily task goal by glancing at the pie chart icon in the top right: It will slowly fill up as you complete tasks throughout the day.
Version 887 (2018/01/04)
- 🐛 The filter list would crash whenever you tried to move a new filter. That's been fixed.
Version 886 (2017/12/27)
- 🐛 You can now properly create default reminders.
Version 885 (2017/12/22)
- 🐛 Drag-and-drop will again work properly. Thank you to everyone who reported those issues
- 🐛 Some filter queries that included a project name with accented letters weren't functioning properly. That's now been fixed.
Version 884 (2017/12/19)
- ⭐️ When you right click on a task or project, the options menu now has a more spacious, easier to read layout.
- ⭐️ The drag-and-drop handle to the left of your tasks has been updated to a bolder, six-dot icon.
- 🐛 When you change your Todoist theme, the app will now always update to your new look.
Version 883 (2017/12/07)
- 🐛 On the chrome extension, setting a task's due date would accidentally postpone the task by a year.
Version 882 (2017/11/30)
- 🐛 Todoist was occasionally failing to sync, but no longer.
- ⚙️️ For those of you who like to hold lengthy conversations with your team, we've raised the comment limit on tasks.
Version 881 (2017/11/17)
- 🐛 Todoist Business users were having trouble adding or editing filters.
- 🐛 The Smart Date Recognition wasn't being quite smart enough and couldn't understand a few types of dates.
Version 880 (2017/11/16)
- 🐛 A bug was preventing you from dragging-and-dropping attachments into tasks. That's been taken care of.
Version 879 (2017/11/01)
- 🐛 Todoist was occasionally failing to refresh, but that's been fixed up.
Version 878 (2017/10/25)
- 🐛 You'll no longer have a problem authenticating your Todoist-Google Calendar integration.
Version 877 (2017/10/23)
- 🐛 The smart scheduler was occasionally failing, and that's been fixed.
Version 876 (2017/10/02)
- 🆕 You can now copy and paste images directly into Todoist comments.
- 🐛 If you use the Bear note taking app, when you paste links into Todoist comments they'll show up as "Open Bear" rather than a long unattractive URL.
- 🐛 Fixed a critical issue where some labels would return a empty task list
Version 875 (2017/10/02)
- New! Todoist now uses your system font as its default so your to-do list will be nicely coordinated with your system
- New! You can now delegate a group of tasks to someone else by selecting multiple tasks and choosing Assign to person from the menu that appears at the top of your Todoist.
- Fixed Older comments were occasionally disappearing when you tried to view them. Now they’re here to stay. Permanently.
- Fixed 1288 Localization: In Polish, we no longer automatically recognize 2 papryki as a date.
- Fixed 1277 Localization: In Polish, we added support for każdy wieczór.
- Fixed 1266 Localization: In Italian, we now support sentences like ogni giorno dal 10 Maggio al 20 Maggio.
- Fixed 640 Localization: In Russian, when entering times, we now support ПП and ДП.
Version 874 (2017/08/03)
- Fixed HOT Fixed issues where Windows and Outlook app crashed when printing the task list
Version 873 (2017/07/27)
- Fixed HOT Fixed malfunction of recurring tasks with shorthand AM/PM syntax (i.e. 'everyday 4p')
Version 872 (2017/07/24)
- Fixed Emoji: a few emoji were not rendering properly
- Fixed Improved filter support for the Polish language
- Fixed Comments were missing from the print page in free accounts
Version 871 (2017/07/17)
- Fixed Archived project view sometimes was rendered as a blank page
- Fixed Exit Quick Comment should make cursor focus on task content box
Version 870 (2017/07/11)
- New! Added support for emoji reactions on comments
- New! Project color is not synced anymore in shared projects. This lets every member pick their own color.
- Fixed 🇨🇳 Fixed an issue with parsing 每個1月27號
- Fixed 🇪🇸 Support `un mes` as a date
- Fixed 🇫🇷 Support `tous les!` date format
- Fixed 🇫🇷 Support `tous les 8 heures à partir de 14:00`
- Fixed 🇵🇱 Don't parse `kilka` as a date
- Fixed 🇵🇱 Support `pojutrze` as a date
- Fixed 🇵🇱 Don't parse `opier` as a date
- Fixed 🇩🇪 Support `16.07.` date format
- Fixed 🇷🇺 Fixed an issue regarding parsing a date from `Сегодня в 11 встреча`
- Fixed 🇮🇹 `Prossima settimana` was parsed as yesterday
- Fixed Task content edit issue with "Korean 2-set" keyboard input
Version 869 (2017/06/23)
- New! More visual improvements to our new Notifications window
- New! You can now peek at a linked task's address -- simply hover your mouse over the linked task and a link address tooltip will appear.
- Fixed Task complete actions failed to respond
Version 868 (2017/06/01)
- Fixed Fixed a critical issue where the app failed to receive sync update
- Fixed QuickFind did not include filters in the auto-complete suggestion list
Version 867 (2017/05/22)
- New! Beta test Todoist easily. Simply go to Settings -> Preferences -> Scroll down to Beta access. Note that our beta version might be unstable.
- Fixed Printing: Removed a colored footer. Sorry about that!
- Fixed Various other smaller fixes and improvements.
Version 866 (2017/05/17)
- New! Redesigned and improved our Notifications window, now with unread status per notification.
Version 865/8807 (2017/05/15)
- New! Confirm dialogs are much more userfriendly (e.g. instead of `Ok` we use `Delete task` as the confirm button).
- New! We simplified the left menu in the plugin versions of Todoist.
Version 864 (2017/04/28)
- Fixed Fixed a critical issue where the web app failed to load.
- New! A real-time, 2-way integration with Google Calendar. In the web app, go to Settings -> Integrations -> Connect. Learn how it works
Version 863/8800 (2017/04/23)
- New! Updates to the Settings to make it that much easier to set up your Todoist exactly the way you want.
- Fixed 1140 When someone was removed from a project, their name wasn’t showing up on past comments. These ghost commenters are now shown 👻
- Fixed 1134 We shrunk the due date field in our extensions to make adding dates via smart Quick Addmore comfortable.
- Fixed 1128 `biweekly` and `bimonthly` are now automatically recognized as valid recurring dates.
- Fixed 1130 🇧🇷 The smart Quick Add was parsing "Outlander" as a date 👀
- Fixed 1119 Saving a parent task caused its sub-tasks to be shown in the comments view, which is of course not where they’re supposed to be. We put them back.
- Fixed 1109 Project names were getting cut off in printed lists, but no longer.
- Fixed 1079 🇩🇪 `jeden Morgen` is now recognized as a recurring due date so you can keep track of even the most fastidious of German morning routines.
- Fixed 1065 There were some troubles recognizing typed due dates in different languages. Smart Quick Add is now fully multi-lingual again.
Version 861 (2017/04/11)
- Fixed Fixed a critical issue with failure to load cached application data in Firefox/Outlook
Version 860 (2017/03/29)
- New! More optimizations on how we show the Settings window
- Fixed 1099 Pasting some text with > < gets convereted into some strange symbols.
- Fixed 1096 🇮🇹 dopodomani is set for the wrong day.
- Fixed 1077 The who to notify checkbox on the comment view is now an easy access to notify everyone.
- Fixed 1075 🇨🇳 Support 每週
- Fixed 1075 🇨🇳 Support AM/PM format, e.g. 5月1日@5am
- Fixed 1075 🇨🇳 Support unicode colon, e.g. 5月1日16：00
- Fixed 1070 🇳🇱 the word "afstuderen" is mistakenly parsed as a due date.
- Fixed 998 Fixed a bunch of Firefox input issues (especially when using shift select using the keyboard)
Version 859 (2017/03/22)
- Fixed HOT Fixed a critical issue with labels and priority auto-completion in Firefox and Edge. Sorry about that! 😞
Version 857, 858 (2017/03/17)
- Changed Your authorized app integrations now have their very own tab inside your Settings where you can enable, disable, and edit them to your heart’s content.
- Changed Karma's View all completed tasks link now shows the activity log filtered for all completed tasks instead of using its own special page. Because consistency.
- Changed We removed hyperlink and inline code formatting from project and filter names – it was getting rather messy. Formatting is now the same across platforms.
- Fixed 1057 The print option is again available in Karma > View all completed tasks. So you can again hang your accomplishments on your fridge for the world to see!
- Fixed 1041 Once in print mode, you will no longer be able to edit your tasks – this was also getting rather messy.
- Fixed 1038 The print menu will now automatically close after you’ve sent your list to print.
- Fixed 447 The Add Website as Task button in the Todoist web browser plugins will no longer break links by converting certain combinations of URL characters into entirely different ones for no apparent reason.
Version 856 (2017/03/01)
- Fixed HOT Notifications window not being displayed in some cases
- Fixed 1047 🇳🇱 "Dagelijks" is recognized as "today" instead of "daily"
- Fixed 1045 🇫🇮 Support Finnish shortcuts, e.g. `23 tam` or `23 maa`
- Fixed 1037 🇵🇱 `każdego tygodnia` isn't parsed as a date
- Fixed 1035 🇵🇱 `poczta list` (and variants) is recognized as a date
Version 855 (2017/02/22)
- New! Improved label auto-completer UI
- Fixed 1005 Fixed an issue with German date filter query
Version 854 (2017/02/19)
- Fixed HOT Fixed an issue with deleting reminders
- Fixed HOT Fixed an issue with the new section syntax
- Fixed HOT Fixed an issue with bad rendering of the daily views after viewing completed tasks
Version 853 (2017/02/18)
- New! We simplified the menu options and made the Print option more accessible. You can now find the print option in the "Actions" or "Project actions" menu
- New! To create a section you can now use `Section name:`. We still support the old `* Section name` format
- New! Quickly see a task's reminders by hovering over the reminder icon
- New! Optimization on how we show the Settings window
- Fixed 1032 Support "+me" to assign a task to yourself
- Fixed 1016 Issue with assigning a task if its name has + in it
- Fixed 1010 Impossible to copy a project's email address or calendar feed via keyboard shortcuts
Version 852 (2017/02/03)
- New! We now compress the local storage, fixing some critical issues with big accounts
- New! Spoken date formats, e.g. `December twenty fifth`, useful in our Alexa integration
- New! When you duplicate tasks we now also duplicate reminders
- Fixed 1002 Until May (or any other month) sets a date as the last day of this month
- Fixed 997 Settings menu (when opened) doesn't get resized when resizing a window/app
- Fixed 994 Tasks added through the Gmail extension are not sorted by name
- Fixed 992 🇵🇱 Words starting with "wcz" trigger "yesterday" (wczoraj) due date
- Fixed 990 Project markdown issue when rendering bold **Project names**
- Fixed 967 Deleting multiple comments on the web messes up the scroll
- Fixed 970 Empty attachment on task created through email (if the email has no body text)
- Fixed 969 🇸🇪 Word "dag" is parsed as "today" date
Version 851 (2017/01/11)
- New! We take feedback very seriosuly and after some consideration we reverted this change: The count on `Today`, `Next 7 Days` now include sub-tasks
- Fixed 981 Support semicolons delimiters for CSV templates
- Fixed 979 Mini calendar has issues with February and leap years (in some rare cases)
- Fixed 978 Archived projects are shown as grey bars in Karma graphs
- Fixed 958 Multiple dialogs with task limit reached on duplicate
- Fixed 957 Conflict with asterisk and italic syntax
- Fixed 956 🇫🇮 "3 hei 2017" sets a task to January 3rd, instead of July 3rd
- Fixed 953 🇷🇺 Words "марки", "марктинг", "маркер" are parsed as a due date "March"
- Fixed 953 🇷🇺 "пятновыводитель" is parsed as a due date "пятница" (Friday)
- Fixed 951 On updating the due date of multiple selected tasks the first task will disappear from view right away but all others - with a few seconds delay
- Fixed 945 🇵🇱 Issue with parsing "13 gr"
Version 850 (2017/01/09)
- New! We wish you a happy (and productive) new year! 🎉 ✅
- New! Perfomance improvements and general speedups in the UI
- Fixed We now copy labels when you duplicate tasks
Version 848 (2016/12/20)
- New! Ability to duplicate a task and its sub-tasks. You requested this a lot. Enjoy! 🎉
- New! Accesss to the Activity log is moved from the menus and to the comments view. A small change that is paving the way for the upcoming task details view 😮
- New! We made interface refreshing more snappy
- New! Better support for larger accounts (that include thousands of tasks/comments)
- Fixed 947 Non-functioning "a" shortcut in Today/7 Days view
- Fixed 940 HTML text shown in "Your Productivity" popup
- Fixed 937 Weird Ctrl+Enter behavior when a task has children
- Fixed 934 Add support for "in a week" date
- Fixed 929 Agenda menu stays open when editing a task on Safari and Firefox
- Fixed When you unarchive a project, it doesn't show up in the list of regular projects
- Fixed When you archive a project and navigate to it, it becomes empty after a sec
Version 847 (2016/12/09)
- New! The count on `Today`, `Next 7 Days` now include sub-tasks (making it consistent with project counts)
- Fixed 935 Multi-select broken in some cases
- Fixed 930 Issue with Text Drafts and editing comments
- Fixed 924 Certain changes on iOS don't get synced to the web version without manual syncing
- Fixed 921 Shift + Click multiple selection not working on some filtered views
- Fixed 920 Lack of error message when adding a label with the same name, if it starts with an underscore
Version 845 (2016/12/01)
- New! The auto-completer displays more data and is much smarter in more cases.
- New! Image previews are shown more nicely (we respect ratios).
- Fixed 927 Not all labels are displayed in the drop-down when adding a label in a task.
- Fixed 923 Project selection drop-down shows data in wrong order.
- Fixed 922 Stars are too big on the choose theme dialog.
Version 843-844 (2016/11/30)
- Fixed HOT For English users dates were rendred as YYYY-MM-DD.
- Fixed HOT Fixed an issue with some icons that would not load properly.
- Fixed HOT 🇷🇺 Fixed an issue with parsing MM-DD dates, e.g. `ноя 30`
Version 842 (2016/11/29)
- New! 📅 View and share any project in calendar form. Keep track of important dates and milestones for any project with anyone – clients, teammates, family members – with shareable calendar feeds for any Todoist project.
- New! ✉️ We’ve completely updated our Email to Todoist feature to make sure that emails and attachments appear beautifully organized in your task comments. Forwarding tasks to Todoist projects is faster and easier than ever.
- New! ✉️ Now you can send and forward emails as task and project comments, perfect for adding new information to a task or project that already exists.
- New! Comment drafts! We'll auto save your comment as a draft, so you don't lose it accidentialy. The local copy will be kept in the local storage until you submit that comment.
- New! Ability to delete and archive tasks from the comments view.
- New! 🌚 We reverted back night owls change (it had a lot of issues and we are back at the drawing board! 😢).
- Fixed 917 Ampersand is accepted when creating a new label.
- Fixed 916 🇩🇪 "jeden 26 des Monats" doesn't recur on the right dates.
- Fixed 914 🇫🇮 Due date issues with "2.1.2017" and "Joka 3 päivä".
- Fixed 913 "Annually starting..." doesn't work if the start date is this year.
- Fixed 912 Unable to select a contiguous set of tasks in the new today view.
- Fixed 909 🇫🇮 Due date issue with "Marras/Mar".
- Fixed 892 🇮🇹 "Quintale" is recognized as Saturday.
- Fixed 801 Print view doesn't update data before it's generated.
Version 841 (2016/11/21)
- Fixed Ordering issue of overdue tasks in the Today/Next 7 days view
Version 840 (2016/11/16)
- New! Introducing Smart Schedule! A more intelligent way to plan your day Read more...
- New! Redesign of "Today" and "Next 7 days" views
- New! Ability to remove your current avatar
- Fixed 902 Wrong info reg. Karma points loss for overdue tasks
- Fixed 900 Long project names cover 3-dot menu
- Fixed 899 Invalid date field entry cancels adding on daily views
- Fixed 898 Handle empty lines when pasting tasks in. Reference
- Fixed 897 When multi selecting tasks the comments icon shouldn't popup the comment view
- Fixed 871 Issue with changing a label at the front of the text when editing a task
- Fixed 892 Issues with project autocompleting with projects that start with the same name
- Fixed 891 When you select multiple tasks, but the window is scorlled down you could not see any labels when you use the `Add Label` feature
- Fixed 883 Not possible to edit a task with two email hyperlinks
- Fixed Disable automatic jumping to the project of the newly created task when adding it via the Quick Add
Version 834 (2016/11/02)
- Fixed Filters that contain label query are not showing result correctly
Version 833 (2016/11/02)
- New! 🌚 For Nightowls: Between 00:00 and 03:00 we'll treat `tomorrow` as the next day
- Fixed 882 🇷🇺 Russian: "Марафон 800" is recognized as a due date
- Fixed 881 "Delete" option in the comment window sometimes appears, sometimes not
- Fixed 878 Keep the images dimension proportions in the emails
- Fixed 872 Remove markup code from the delete dialog
- Fixed 870 🇫🇷 French: It's not possible to scroll down to the karma setting option
- Fixed 864 Can't copy iCal feed URL in Safari for iOS
- Fixed 801 Print view doesn't update data before it's generated
Version 832 (2016/10/25)
- New! We properly unfurl links to Todoist tasks (displaying their content instead of just an URL)
- Fixed 869 [🇫🇮 Finnish] October due dates are set to Jan 2017
- Fixed 865 [🇵🇱 Polish] Polish word "konkursie" is parsed as August ("sierpień")
- Fixed 852 Overlapping pop-up menus
- Fixed 850 Dutch: Support "overmorgen" (day after tomorrow)
- Fixed 847 Quick add it pre-filled with the selected filter even if a new list is active
- Fixed 845 After changing the language, the app should refresh to update to the new language
- Fixed 841 Updating the project of a task in comments view is not immediately visible
- Fixed 837 Links parsed from certain tweets are broken in Todoist
- Fixed 833 Moving tasks between projects breaking parent/child tasks
- Fixed 831 "friends on friday" parsed as a due date 😳
- Fixed 830 Task is not highlighted when getting to a project view from search results
- Fixed 826 Quick comment disappears when clicking on the due date field
- Fixed 825 Calendar shows not the current month, but the last selected (three-dot icon)
- Fixed 815 Postpone option doesn't work for "every x hours" tasks
- Fixed 799 [🇵🇱 Polish] "w każdy dzień powszedni" (every weekday) doesn't work
Version 831 (2016/10/03)
- Fixed 824 Label and filter input fields can be indented using keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed 823 Setting a reminder for another user doesn't sync/work
- Fixed 822 Emoji's not displaying on work computer
- Fixed Use `5+` to indicate that there's more than 5 comments
Version 830 (2016/10/03)
- New! Add or remove labels to more than one task at a time!
💡 How? Select tasks via Command or Ctrl click → More... → Add/Remove label
- New! Todoist is now more polished (and dare we say) beautiful 😻
- New! We now show label colors when you use label auto completion. Quickly find the label you are looking for 🎯
- New! A karma vacation icon is displayed when vacation mode is turned on. Enjoy your vacations in peace! 🏖
- Fixed Caching issue fixed with sometimes empty labels or filters list
Version 820 (2016/9/22)
- New! A small encouraging nudge when you hit your daily goal
- Fixed 810 Project tag loses highlighting when tabbing to the due date field
- New! We've added a new postpone icon to our multi-item scheduler, which allows you to select multiple items and postpone their due date simultaneously.
- New! We now support inviting collaborators from other shared projects
- New! Ability to copy and paste a text list and add them as tasks
- New! Much improved automatic link expanding
- Fixed 812 Previously the quick schedule menus disappeared from above the calendar, that is no longer the case
- Fixed 811 Bug with number of tasks completed between Karma chart and #TodoistZero screen
- Fixed 806 Labels with / in them have an URL decoding problem
- Fixed 804 Hovering over an URL in a task with multiple URLs will highlight/underline both
- Fixed 802 "Fetch older comments" removes due date from the task (visually)
- Fixed 797 Temporary visual duplication of task (when collapsing tasks on the daily views)
- Fixed 796 Persistent tooltip after closing modal window
- Fixed 795 Tomorrow + label @evening = recognized due date
- Fixed 792 Support of x-devonthink-item://252DB3D8-2DF0-4CEB-917E-1732A9867CA1 links
- Fixed 791 When setting a reminder on an assigned task, it still triggers for a task creator (not assignee)
- Fixed 786 Spanish: using "Todoist" with the due date creates a yearly task
- Fixed 779 German: "nachziehen" interpreted as a date
- Fixed 778 Project names with & incorrectly selected when typing & after #
- Fixed 788 Add a task as a file pop-up shows shortly when dragging a due date field
- Fixed 738 Project name doesn't update in search results after moving task to a different project
Version 818 (2016/9/13)
- New! We redesigned the way attachments are previewed in your comments to make your comment threads easier to skim and read.
- Fixed Editing comments sometimes randomly rearranged your comment threads. Your comments will now always be in chronological order.
- Fixed Occasionally the web app, Mac app, and Chrome extension were loading with a blank page. That’s no longer the case.
Version 817 (2016/8/30)
- New! Smarter label auto completion: We have done one more iteration on our auto completion. Thanks for the feedback!
- New! Smart scrolling when reordering projects or drag and dropping a task to a project
- Fixed 773 Reminders aren't saved when added during the creation of the task in date-based views
- Fixed 771 Allow label colors when printing
- Fixed 770 "evening today" creates a recurring task, unlike "today evening"
- Fixed 769 Add "File as Task" popup triggered wrongly on reoderings (somtimes)
- Fixed 763 Mini calendar doesn't get closed when using Esc while adding a task in a date view
- Fixed 762 Adding a project and date to an Inbox task works, but returns error message in German
- Fixed 760 Polish "druga" in "2nd Sat in Sep" works like "czwarta" (4th)
- Fixed Reminder notification fired off 1 minute before
Version 816 (2016/7/24)
- Fixed 758 "Next week" option doesn't work in the scheduler
Version 815 (2016/7/24)
- Fixed Todoist was English only due to a compiliation issue. Fixed now, sorry about that! 😳
Version 814 (2016/7/24)
- Fixed Labels auto completion was case sensitive now
- Fixed When adding labels with @, the order of labels seems to be random, not the same as in the label menu
- Fixed 757 Issue with the project menu when selecting one project after another
- Fixed 756 Turning on karma on mobile, doesn't automatically show the karma on the web interface
Version 813 (2016/7/23)
- New! Support for native Finnish date parsing. Thanks Patrik 👏
- Fixed 743 Label creation drop-down doesn't work with dashes in label names
- Fixed 740 Comments don't wrap text
- Fixed 717 Smarter label matching (e.g. `bug` will be before `mstf-bug`)
- Fixed 702 Bug with assigning multiple labels (when they start with an `s`)
Version 812 (2016/7/21)
- Fixed 732 Commas in label names are accepted, but then cause issues
- Fixed 731 Editing a task doesn't display the assignment
Version 811 (2016/7/21)
- New! Feature 725 Add info regrading recurrence on mouse hover for recurring icon in non-project views
- Fixed Issue with icons on Windows 7. Affected our old Windows app and the Outlook plugin
- Fixed 724 Russian: phrase "2016 год" (2016 year) sets a task to July 19, 4032 year
- Fixed 726 Multi-select: priority and "more" dropdown options overlap when shown at the same time
- Fixed 729 Using "evening" creates a regular task (today at 7 pm) but with the recurring icon
Version 810 (2016/7/19)
- Fixed Issues with arhived project view not showing any tasks.
- Fixed 681 Issue with opening email attachment that have Excel filenames in their subject
- Fixed 712 Several email addresses in a comment: some hyperlinked, some not
- Fixed 713 When adding an assignment to an existing task, it doesn't stick
- Fixed 715 Copy to clipboard link not working on Safari
- Fixed 717 Smarter auto completion of labels and project names (for exact matches)
- Fixed 718 Project link formatting wasn't correctly rendered on the comments view
- Fixed 719 URLs with underscores get broken (_ changes to <em>)
Version 809 (2016/7/15)
- New! We now export template files with proper encodings, so you can edit them in Excel!
- New! Perfomance and stability improvements!
- Fixed Issues with assigning multiple labels
- Fixed Unable to share projects or assign tasks in Microsoft Edge or Microsoft IE11
Version 808 (2016/7/8)
- New! Mac App: Ability to add instant replies to project comment via notifications
Version 807 (2016/7/8)
- Fixed Issues on the Mac app notifications that caused the app to freeze
Version 806 (2016/7/7)
- Fixed Issues for some users adding tasks due to formatted project names. Sorry about this! 😞
Version 805 (2016/7/7)
- Fixed Not possible to drag and drop a task to another project
Version 804 (2016/7/7)
- New! Auto Completetion does not require exact matches. You can now do `#Juno` to match `#Company Juno`. This works with people (`+Doe` to match `+John Doe`) and labels (`@depot` to match `@home_depot`).
- New! New Default Avatars: We added new default avatars that are more compatible with various Todoist Themes
- Fixed 673 "every 6 months starting from 20 dec" now work
- Fixed 683 Can't create a label if the label list is blank
- Fixed 685 Delay in updating when changing a project with #
- Fixed 688 Quick Add can't select Project with "&" in name
- Fixed 692 Adding a task to a different project scrolls/switches the view
- Fixed 693 New # project selection doesn't search in project's name and breaks when space is used
- Fixed 694 UI breaks when pasting certain copied text as a project name
- Fixed 690 Activity log doesn't allow access to comments
- Fixed 697 When moving a parent task using the #, it moves to a different project without its sub-tasks
- Fixed 700 Can't use # for sub-projects with a dash in their name
Version 800, 801: New features! (2016/6/22)
- New! TEAM ACTIVITY LOGS make for totally transparent project management – no need to constantly ask for status updates.
- New! PROJECT NOTES keep high-level information and files organized and easily accessible for the whole team.
- New! A MUCH SMARTER QUICK ADD – including a smart shortcut for assigning tasks (eg, +Harry) – makes adding and delegating tasks fast and easy.
- New! A SMARTER NOTIFICATION STREAM makes information about activity in your shared projects more beautiful, more glanceable, and much more useful.
- New! SIMPLIFIED PROJECT INVITES let you select collaborators from your contacts list, or from a list of previous collaborators, making sharing projects from your phone a breeze.
- New! AUTO-ACCEPT PROJECT INVITES from known collaborators so you can get right to work without missing a beat (possible to disable this from the settings)
AND MUCH MORE!
Version 802: Bug fixes
- Fixed 669 Firefox: link "Move to another project" doesn't work from the comment window and time-based views
- Fixed 667 New "Add task" links in "7 days" break task structures
- Fixed 670 Search bar only accepts MM-DD format
- Fixed 672 Search returns completed tasks when performed after loading them in a project
- Fixed 675 Tasks linked to mails include parted dates in the name
- Fixed 677 Issue with parsing numbers as priority levels
Version 739 (2016/6/22)
- Fixed Archive project was broken ☹️ ! If you experinced issues: no data was lost! Just logout and login to see your "lost" projects
Version 738 (2016/6/21)
- New! You can now search in completed child tasks
- New! You can now search in tasks that are assigned to others
- New! Feature 637 Add "Copy to clipboard" for "Link to task"
- Fixed 615 Undoing the completion of a task does not affect the "completed task" count
- Fixed 647 "Undo" option can break the task order
- Fixed 653 Drag & drop between projects ignores indent level
- Fixed 660 When completing a parent task in Today, it disappears but the sub-tasks stay there unless refresh
- Fixed 661 New "add task" links prevent moving tasks to projects when open
- Fixed Quick find no longer shows suggestions for task names
- Fixed Fixed an issue with archiving a parent project and children (only the parent was archived)
- Fixed Japanese: Support properly 10月20日から10月30日まで毎日
- Fixed 633 Polish: Don't parse STM32 and papier as dates (and many other dates that begin with stm or pap)
Version 737 (2016/6/10)
- Fixed Fixed an issue where we could not parse due dates with time properly, e.g. `tomorrow at 2pm`
- New! Ability to specify if you want absolute or relative dates in templates
Version 736 (2016/5/31)
- Fixed Removed "Add Task" option from overdue days
- Fixed Mac desktop notifications don't open a related task
Version 735 (2016/5/30)
- Improved More simplified Quick Add
- New! Use #Project to add tasks to other projects (works from any add task input 🙌!)
- New! Inline add tasks in the daily views
- New! Collapsable notifications
- New! Added icons to notifications
- New! New collapse/uncollapse icon
- Fixed 623 "ev 1st friday of April" results in "3 Mar 2017"
- Fixed Fix notification out of order and recurring unread icon problem
Version 732 (2016/5/17)
- New! `every 1st workday` is parsed as every first workday in the month. Use `every 2 workdays` for the old behvior. This will work in all the other languages as well.
- New! `next week` date is a lot smarter (and uses your settings)
- Fixed When editing a parent task in Today view, its sub-tasks become invisible
- Fixed Properly set the staring date of `every other Thursday at 8pm starting 21 Apr`
- Fixed Properly the starting date of `every mon, fri`
- Fixed Korean: Ability to parse `매 월요일, 수요일`
- Fixed Japanese: Properly support the `after` syntax, e.g. `毎!日`
- Fixed Japanese: Properly support the `10月20日から10月30日まで毎日`
Version 731 (2016/4/27)
- Fixed Fixed an issue with searching for completed tasks (backend search)
- Fixed 592 Emojis entered manually as a code are not displayed in projects when creating a task
- Fixed 594 Recurring events skip the first day of the pattern in Google Cal
- Fixed 599 Priority parsing from subject is too aggressive in the forwarded email
- Fixed 605 Make "When I arrive" the default option when using location reminders
Version 730 (2016/4/22)
- New! New Filter Engine: that fixes a ton of issues. Also includes some new queries (more about this soon!). For now please keep an eye on on our filtering help page
- New! v7 Sync API: Cleanup of our sync API that should offer a faster and more reliable service
- New! Improved Unfurling: Add a link as a comment and get a beatiful visual repsentation of the resource. Example
This changes many internal things! If you spot any problems, please ping us at Todoist Support. Thanks 🙌
Version 726 (2016/4/12)
- Fixed v725 crashes older versions of Mac App, Safari and Internet Explorer 9 and 10. v726 fixes this! Sorry about this! 😰
Version 725 (2016/4/11)
- New! Always ensure that the indent hierarchy is correct when editing parent-child relationships
- New! Ability to print the filtered completed task view (e.g. by label or project)
- Fixed 475 Removing a user from a project keeps the task from this project on their list
- Fixed 558 Uploading Pages or Number files in notes saved in iCloud results to an error
- Fixed 563 German: wöchentlich is seen as a recurring date
- Fixed 564 The assignee icon is missing when printing an assigned task
- Fixed 569 Russian: Don't parse Третиноин as a date
- Fixed 580 When moving sub-tasks in Today/7 days views, they become parent tasks of other unrelated tasks
Version 724 (2016/4/1)
- New! Shift+Left Click to select multiple tasks at once
- New! Unifed emojis for non-Mac platforms
- New! When printing tasks with notes, the comments' authors are now displayed
- Fixed Fixed a serious issue that could result in the wrong children being completed. This seems to only have affected a few users.
- Fixed Japanese: Support 3月10日13時15分 format
- Fixed German: Support "Do 19:00" format
- Fixed Bug when deleting a comment from an uncompleted task
- Fixed Glitch after adding an audio comment, app becomes unresposive
- Fixed English: Support Sept abbrv, e.g. `every 5th Sept`
- Fixed Carrey jumps to the beginning of task content after picking an assignee
Version 723 (2016/2/26)
- Fixed Support p1 etc. when forwarding emails in
- Fixed Support having `C++` as a project name
- Fixed Schedule field doesn't correctly ignore inline date entry
- Fixed Can't add relative reminders for the newly created tasks (sometimes)
- Fixed German: Support Übermorgen
- Fixed German: Support 5.5 format
- Fixed German: Support `Um zwölf uhr`
- Fixed Chinese: Bug fix regarding label similar to @m1-3
- Fixed Japanese: Support ：, e.g. "15：00"
- Fixed Shortcuts stopped working: "s", "p" (in projects) and / for moving cursor to the query box
- Fixed Formatting doesn't work for email tasks from Outlook
- Fixed Clicking on a project name in Today view doesn't get you to a specific task
Version 721 (2016/1/14)
- New! Yearly review: https://blog.todoist.com/2016/01/13/todoist-year-in-review-2015/
- New! Gold theme for Todoist 1% users: todoist.com/review/2015/you
- Fixed Fixed a formatting issues related to some links that include a @
- Fixed Fixed critical issues in accepting an invitation for a shared project. In rare cases this could fail and produce an empty project.
- Fixed Ability to set a due date in the past via the mini calendar
Version 720 (2016/1/5)
- Fixed Fixed an issue where the interface would not update when you postpone tasks via the multi select option (CTRL+Click)
- Fixed Russian: `через неделю` should mean in 1 week.
- Fixed Russian: `Позвонить в сбер 89267862345` is not being parsed as a date any more.
- Fixed Swedish: Don't parse `Torka köksbordet` as a date.
- Fixed Polish: Various bug fixes regarding detecting months and weekdays wrongly.
Version 719 (2015/12/24)
- New! Updated and added new file icons (such as .PSD and .AI)
- New! New animation when you finish the day and reach Todoist Zero
- New! New shorcut: r sort by responsible
- New! New shorcut: u undo last action, where possible
- Fixed Critical bug fix where tasks where missing from daily views (was related to shared projects and only affected some users)
- Fixed Removed the option to delete all of project's completed tasks (very expensive for our backend)
- Fixed Mini-Calendar: Fixed an issue with selecting some dates in 2016
- Fixed Mini-Calendar: When picking Jan 1 from the calendar, it sets a task to Feb 1
Version 718 (2015/12/07)
- Fixed Show completed tasks and notes in archived projects
- Fixed Support again Onenote links, e.g. `onenote:`
- Fixed Lots of stability improvements
- Fixed Japanese: Support `after` syntax, e.g. `3日毎!`
- Fixed English: Don't parse `Evan Monday` (and similar) as recurring dates
- Fixed Russian: In Chrome Extension "notify people about a comment" are off the window
Version 717 (2015/11/25)
- New! Unread handling of notifications in shared projects should be better
- New! Notifications posted to the same task are now "collapsed": Image
- New! Better handling of page breaks when printing tasks out
- New! Possible to drag and drop tasks to the Team Inbox
- Fixed Re-added support for !!1, !p1 priority setting
- Fixed When editing an existing task with a label and adding a new label with Tab, the label gets broken
- Fixed Russian: Don't parse "рабочий" as today
- Fixed Russian: Ежемесячно and ежегодно are recurring dates
- Fixed French: Support `19h30m` format fully
Version 716 (2015/11/19)
- Fixed Don't parse `p105` as p1 priority
- Fixed Russian: Don't parse `Сбербанк` as a date
- Fixed Russian: Don't parse `средства` as a date
- Fixed Russian: Don't parse `концепт` as a date
- Fixed Spanish: Don't parse `cuarto` as date (and similar words)
- Fixed Portuguese: Don't parse `quarto` as date (and similar words)
- Fixed Japanese: Support `毎!日`
- Fixed Emoji: Accept custom skin tones
- Fixed Emoji: Issue fixed regarding page title and emojis (when they are used for projects)
Version 715 (2015/11/17)
- New! Simplified Markdown support! More info...
- New! Using OS emojis instead of Todoist's own
- New! Support for emoji shortcuts from emoji-cheat-sheet.com
- New! Improved the workflow of marking unread comments as read
- New! Pasting "<task>" in the quick add converts it to ">task<"
- Fixed After maximizing the app and then restoring it, the layout is broken (in some cases)
Version 711 (2015/11/02)
- New! Ability to get a direct link to an audio attachment
- Fixed Premium Only: Open the Notes view when selecting a task from the Quick Find
- Fixed After assigning a label the focus is missed in the entry field, no space after the label
- Fixed Fixed an issue where label editor would stop working after a few edits
- Fixed Firefox extension: in the "popout in a window" mouse scrolling doesn't work
- Fixed Complete count does not automatically increment
- Fixed Templates: Support Windows newline
- Fixed Fixed issue with temporary missing comments when un-completing a task from history
- Fixed Using the "Undo" option on completed tasks did not remove them from the "All completed tasks" section
- Fixed Firefox: when adding a label with the @ icon, it's combined with the task name
- Fixed Russian: Support `+100 дней`
- Fixed Russian: "ежегодно", "еженедельно", "ежемесячно are all recognized as "сегодня" (today)
- Fixed Russian: Support win1251 encoding in comments (when posting links)
- Fixed German: Parse properly `alle 28 Tage ab 18. Okt 2015`
Version 710 (2015/10/28)
- New! CSV based templates (Premium Only)
- New! Drag and drop a template onto a project (Premium Only)
- New! Export template as a shareable URL (Premium Only)
- Fixed MS Edge: Fixed focus issue when typing text in the due date field
- Fixed Labels are sorted the same way in the auto complete as in the left menu
- Fixed After assigning a label the focus is missed in the entry field, no space after the label
- Fixed Labels won't export/import when using CSV templates
Version 705 (2015/10/16)
- New! Drag and drop a file into a project to add it as a task
- Fixed Searching for completed sub-tasks is now possible
- Fixed Fixed so Ctrl+F does not trigger Quick Find in Firefox
- Fixed + replaced with _ in project names
- Fixed Quick Add includes project name as label when opened with "Labels" tab active
- Fixed Search by keyword in notes of completed tasks doesn't work
- Fixed "Paste" option not available when right-clicking on suggested task name text
- Fixed Japanese dates such as `2日毎` got broken and are now fixed
- Fixed A smarter `Next week` calculation that takes weeks into consideration. If you have trouble with this, please make sure that your start day is set properly (Settings : General : Start day)
Version 704 (2015/10/12)
- New! A quick way to select `Query all tasks` in the Quick Find: Type your query and press UP or LEFTarrow keys
- New! New welcome screen for new users
- New! New icon for Safari when Todoist is pinned
- New! Cleaned up the share project icons
- Fixed Re-added support for querying "+100 days" (or more)
- Fixed Fixed an issue completing a task from the notifications view in the Mac app
- Fixed Japanese: Fixed an issue with text input inside the due date field
- Fixed Italian: `non` is no longer parsed as a date
- Fixed Label input jump to the beginning of a task when using the @ icon
- Fixed Cursor jumping when adding multiple spaces in succession
- Fixed Order of labels is respected when selecting and rendering them, it's not any more sorted alphabetically
Version 703 (2015/09/30)
- Fixed In Russian, every word that starts with "пон" is parsed as "Monday"
- Fixed User sells car parts and can't enter engine size such as 4.4 as it becomes a date
- Fixed A user has issues with editing overdue tasks. The task was named "Monthly admin" and was overdue, when he saved the edits, it became a "Monthly" task called "admin" because the parser always re-parses everything each time you edit the task
- Fixed A writer or editor types "do that for each 2 columns" and gets a "do that for columns" task due on "each 2nd day of a month"
- Fixed A writer types "First draft of Chapter 1" and gets a task due 1 Oct called "draft of Chapter 1"
- Fixed Ability to disable inline date parsing
- Fixed Cannot tab between fields in quick add task modal
- Fixed Comment notification doesn't work if "Notify following people" is not checked even though a user's name is already checked
- Fixed Live update of Karma
- Fixed Not possible to copy the text of completed tasks in completed tasks
- Fixed If you enter a date into the "schedule" field, then this date is considered and nothing from the task name should be parsed as a due date
- Fixed Not possible to select text inside notes or completed tasks
- Fixed Japanese: Stop parsing weekday shortcuts as dates, e.g. `火`
- Fixed Japanese, Chinese, Korean: The date format 2015.09.17 needs to be clicked multiple times in order to be cancelled
- Fixed Chrome plugin: Fixed issue with attaching websites as notes
- Fixed Improved selection of people to notify in notes section
- Fixed Show task count in the team inbox
- Fixed When accessing print from desktop app, the print is initiated before data is refreshed
- Fixed German: Stop parsing `auf 75` as a date
- Fixed Russian: Support parsing `каждое воскресение начиная с 1 августа и заканчивая 1 ноября`
- Fixed Not possible to ignore a date that includes '
- Fixed `nächsten Montag` parsed incorrectly
- Fixed Not possible to unassigne a person after removing the date
- Fixed Fixed `каждый второй и четвёртый понедельник в 14:30`
- Fixed Task with active sub-tasks can't be deleted in Today view
- Fixed When completed tasks are filtered by project, note icon doesn't indicate notes are present
- Fixed Cursor jumping while editing tasks (with video)
Version 702 (2015/09/19)
- New! Pressing ESC/backspace cancels the natural language highlighting
- New! Pressing on top logo goes to the start page
- New! CTRL+M opens the quick note
- New! Ability to get the traceback from the sync error screen
- New! Big performance improvements to natural language parsing
- New! New images for #TodoistZero
- Fixed Rendering fixes to the mini version (affecting mainly Gmail and Outlook)
- Fixed Improvements for touch (on mobile web and Windows 10+Edge)
- Fixed Stop parsing dates like Jan as dates in all languages
- Fixed Support Jänner in German
- Fixed Fixed a lot of date parsing issues in Russian
- Fixed For Asian language: ability to use double space
- Fixed Stop parsing international phone numbers as due dates
- Fixed Japanese: Evernote links triggers due date parsing, needs to be clicked 8 times
- Fixed “tod" worked as a filter query before, now it doesn't
- Fixed Video on /gmail page doesn't work
- Fixed Parser recognizes phone numbers as dates and put them as "NaN undefined NaN NaN:NaN AM" date
- Fixed When adding a label after the date, a cursor will stay in the middle of the label name
- Fixed Calendar icon gets stuck on backspace
- Fixed Search bar includes Outlook-based ID data
- Fixed @ icon in Quick Add inserts @ then moves cursor before it
- Fixed Hitting space twice moves cursor to the beginning of the line
- Fixed Today/Tomorrow is case sensitive
- Fixed Issues with adding multiple labels
- Fixed The label icon under the due date field is not clickable
- Fixed Uppercase queries don't work in filters in v700
- Fixed Spanish: task "Zapatillas Dexter lunes" sets a due date as Dexter lunes and makes it recurring
- Fixed "hæng billeder op i skur" (danish) in a todo. The lowercase i will be highlighted in red.
- Fixed firstname.lastname@example.org is added to every task created with the Gmail plugin
- Fixed Google default avatar is ignored
Version 700 and 701 (2015/09/16)