This changelog only includes details specifically for the Windows 10 app
Version 2.1.6121 (2019/11/19)
- ⭐ You’ve got more flexibility to add sections anywhere in your list, even between other sections. It’s a great way to keep those long task lists organized.
- ⭐ You’ll notice the scheduler is now easier to use and takes up less space on your screen. Happy scheduling!
- ⭐ Never forget a thing: You can now add reminders as you add a task using Quick Add.
- ⭐ Jump right to your task comments by clicking the comment icon beside the task name.
- ⚙️ If you add a reminder without specifying a time, it’ll default to 9am.
- ⚙️ The app will start up faster after upgrading to a new version.
- ⚙️ Quick add will no longer disappear when you switch to another app.
- 🐛 Filtering works properly for those of you using Simplified Chinese.
- 🐛 A handful of subtle UI fixes and performance improvements to keep Todoist running smoothly.
Version 2.1.6020 (2019/10/20)
- 🎉 Say hello to Todoist Foundations: A comprehensive update with faster, more intuitive, more reliable ways to get things done. Check out what’s new below. 👇
- ⭐ You can now divide your project into Sections. Add a Section by clicking the sections icon in the top right of any project, then add tasks by dragging them into the section. Try using Sections to arrange your projects by stage (Research, Planning, Launch) or by timeline (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3).
- ⭐ Manage every detail about a task – its due date, assignee, labels, sub-tasks, comments, and more – in one place with new Task View. Simply click on a task.
- ⭐ It’s now easier to manage your sub-tasks right from Task View. Simply click the sub-tasks tab and you can add, view and complete sub-tasks in context.
- ⭐ Your Labels list will now be divided into “Personal” and “Shared” labels. Whenever someone adds a label to a task in a shared project, you’ll see it in your Shared labels; All the labels you create yourself go into your Personal labels. For those of you who collaborate in Todoist, this change should keep your label list much more organized and manageable.
- ⭐ Enjoy a more coordinated look across the app with colorful, redesigned icons on every platform.
- ⭐ You can now see your completed tasks right within your project by selecting “Show completed tasks” from the three dots menu.
Version 2.1.6009 (2019/10/10)
- 🐛 When renaming a label on a different platform, the app would sometimes stop syncing. This has been fixed.
Version 2.1.5928 (2019/09/30)
- 🐛 Todoist for Windows works better in multiple languages thanks to a bunch of localization fixes.
Version 2.1.5905 (2019/09/05)
- ⭐ Added the ability to invoke quick add from anywhere within the app
- ⭐ Added keyboard shortcut “n” to sort tasks by name
- 🐛 Fixed the status bar text colours in Sunflower and Neutral themes for better readability
- 🐛 Fixed undoing archiving a task
- 🐛 Fixed an issue when opening a label from search results
- 🐛 Fixed an issue that allowed a task to be saved with no content
- 🐛 Fixed an issue with tasks disappearing after they had been moved
- 🐛 Ensures a task is properly saved when it’s created with a location-based reminder
- 🐛 Small UI cosmetic fixes
Version 2.1.5411.0 (2019/04/11)
- ⭐️ Enjoy a refreshed design in a few key spots like the header, multi-select mode, and some menus. Todoist now displays information directly in your app title bar which gives you more room for tasks.
- ⭐️ You can now choose to mute desktop notifications on days where you’ve set time off. Find it in the Settings blade under Productivity.
- ⚙ Date recognition – like when you type "every other Tuesday at 2pm" into the task field – will now be more accurate across all languages.
- ⚙ Login and first sync are now much faster so you can start managing your tasks without delay.
- ⚙ You'll now be additionally warned about actions you can't undo – like deleting tasks or projects – with a red color when you hover over the button.
- ⚙ If you're using Dark theme, the way buttons change color when you hover over them is more consistent across the app.
- 🐛 You'll no longer find your Karma Days Off are reset after viewing your Karma settings.
Version 2.1.5313.0 (2019/03/12)
- ⭐️ You can now pin your filters to Start so you can access them faster
- ⭐️ Completed tasks are now grouped together by their completion date
- ⭐️ Creating a new filter is easier thanks to new tooltips that guide the way
- ⚙ To lay the groundwork for an upcoming UI update, there were a bunch of subtle visual polishes and bug fixes. Stay tuned
- ⚙ A major under-the-hood upgrade helps tasks and sub-tasks work together better. That means no more random task reordering bugs (and paves the way for a new feature coming soon)
- ⚙ The Today and Next 7 Days views now load faster
- ⚙ It’s now harder to accidentally delete your account thanks to a few new steps
- 🐛 Todoist is now better at understanding due dates as you type them in, no matter what language you’re using
- 🐛 You’ll no longer see the wrong avatar in places
- 🐛 There were a host of small fixes across the board to make Todoist faster, less buggy and better connected to the servers
Version 2.1.5227.0 (2019/02/27)
- ⭐️ Task priorities are now easier to distinguish thanks to a refreshed color scheme: P3 tasks are now blue. Learn more.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug when adding reminders that was causing syncing to fail for some users
Version 2.1.5118.0 (2019/01/18)
- ⭐️ Did you know that you can add a label by typing @? The various buttons in the task editor for project, label, etc., now have tooltips with instructions
- ⚙ You’ll notice less lag when selecting multiple tasks in Today or Next 7 Days view
- ⚙ When selecting multiple tasks to remove a label from all of them, you’ll only see the labels that are on the selected tasks
- ⚙The image preview of an attachment now resizes to fill available space
- ⚙ When moving a task into a project via drag&drop, the target project label is now more readable
- 🐛 Sometimes you would see tasks from other projects in your project: Not anymore
- 🐛 You can once again edit a task multiple times in offline mode
- 🐛 The start page setting will now properly sync with other platforms
- 🐛 Indenting a task into a sub-task is now more precise. The same goes for projects and sub-projects
- 🐛 Todoist now recognizes Day/Month and Month/Day formats as expected in different languages
- 🐛 Labels are now found in search if you type them with an @ at the beginning
- 🐛 If you use ## in a filter, it will correctly return all tasks in the project and its sub-projects
- 🐛 After deleting a sub-project, the app will now navigate away from it
- 🐛 You’ll properly see the task count beside the project name in the projects list
Version 2.0.6228.0 (2018/12/28)
- ⭐️ Using a touchscreen device? You can now add sketches to tasks by drawing with your pen or touch. Find this feature in the task details blade & let your creativity flow!
- ⚙ Type As rejoice: task labels are now shown in the exact order they appear in the labels list
- ⚙ When someone is removed from a shared project, all their previously delegated tasks now become "unassigned"
- ⚙ You'll see some design improvements in the task detail blade
- 🐛 We've fixed several issues that could lead to inconsistent hierarchies of tasks or projects
- 🐛 See all the things: we fixed a bug that prevented the activity log from displaying all your past activity
- 🐛 Reminders you create will now maintain the specific time you assigned. No more changing to UTC-time
- 🐛 Improved timezone consistency: if your device can't recognize a timezone that was set on another platform, your timezone won't change
- 🐛 More good news for those meticulous type As out there: the underlines for task due dates will now always have the correct color for each due date
- 🐛 And finally, a note to self... If you want to assign a task to yourself, typing “Me” will now be correctly recognized again
Version 2.0.6101.0 (2018/11/01)
- ⭐️ You can now right-click on a task to see task options like Edit task, re-schedule or Reminders
- ⭐️ Added delightful images to any empty screens, for example when looking at a project with no tasks
- ⚙ Your Karma level pie chart will now show you how far you have to go in the level you’re in
- ⚙ The activity notification icons look nicer
- ⚙ Logging out will now completely reload the app
- ⚙ The task scheduler’s calendar will now reflect the first day of the week you chose in Settings
- 🐛 You can properly add a task due today even if the app was left open overnight
- 🐛 When you start editing a task and cancel without making a change, you won’t see a confirmation popup
- 🐛 You can properly use filters that include “every!” for durations less than a day. For instance, “every! 2 hours” will cause the next recurring task to trigger 2 hours after the task is completed
- 🐛 If you were getting a blank activity log even though you’ve been completing tasks, it won’t happen anymore
- 🐛 The notifications disabled message will now only be displayed at the right time
- 🐛 A few cosmetic touches to keep the Dark theme polished and the Activities blade looking right
Version 2.0.6005.0 (2018/10/05)
- ⚙ You can now copy and paste any file from the file explorer directly into a task’s comment input box
- 🐛 Dark theme got a few subtle visual flourishes
- 🐛 You’ll be asked to confirm when you cancel adding a new comment or reminder
- 🐛 You’ll see your project list correctly after first signing into Todoist
- 🐛 The context menu will show up when hovering over completed tasks in your project list
- 🐛 When a new update is installed you won’t lose your settings - Don’t worry, your theme is safe
- 🐛 You can now reschedule overdue items to Today without a hitch
- 🐛 When you press Escape while editing a task in the task details view, the entire blade won’t accidentally close
- 🐛 Deleted sub-tasks disappear as they should
- 🐛 Quick add looks nicer on mobile and narrow displays
- 🐛 No more bugs on toast pop-up notifications
- 🐛 Signing out, well, signs you out bug-free
- 🐛 Free users mistakenly had the ability to export and important project templates - that’s been fixed (try Premium if you liked it)
- 🐛 After you complete your first task, you can now properly dismiss the celebratory message - not that it isn’t a big deal to start your journey with Todoist.
Version 2.0.5918.0 (2018/09/18)
- ⭐️ You can now search for completed tasks
- ⭐️ Have an overdue task? Use the new “reschedule to today” option
- ⚙ The Support settings now have a button to clear your cache and perform a full sync
- ⚙ When you cancel adding a task, you’ll be asked to confirm
- ⚙ You can access your activity log from your avatar
- ⚙ You can turn on/off whether to sync your theme across platforms
- ⚙ When viewing your activity log, you’ll see an offline indicator
- 🐛 When you switch between projects, no task will be in edit mode
- 🐛 No more crashes using F12, Ctrl+Q or popping the comments out of a task
- 🐛 If a project is deleted on another platform it is immediately removed from view
- 🐛 Your completed tasks per day is reset when a new day starts
- 🐛 The “View all” filter now displays projects in the correct order
- 🐛 The previous commenters are properly set to be notified when a comment is added
- 🐛 When uploading an attachment, you’ll see the preview
- 🐛 Filters work properly in Dutch
- 🐛 If you add a label while looking at task details, it is immediately added to the list of labels
- 🐛 No more crashes when uncompleting an item, adding anything to the Windows Timeline or pressing ESC when comments were showing
- 🐛 When looking at the comments panel, task edits will show up properly
- 🐛 Random times will no longer show on tasks with no time set
- 🐛 “1st working day” now works properly
- 🐛 Archived projects are listed in the same order as other platforms
Version 2.0.5607.0 (2018/06/07)
- ⭐️ UIs to ensure GDPR compliance
- ⚙ Performance improvements to make the app run faster. Filtering, opening larger projects, typing out task content as well as adding multiple tasks in a row should now feel significantly faster.
- ⚙ Polishes the new scheduler both in terms of visuals as well as minor behavior changes and bug fixes
- ⚙ Adds local logging files to help us fix issues when users report them
- ⚙ Enables In-App-Purchase of Todoist Premium subscription
- 🐛 Fixes a bug where the user theme would not be correctly applied after login
- 🐛 Fixes filtering behavior for filters containing a priority as well as a due date
- 🐛 Live tile now shows the correct number of tasks due today
- 🐛 Adding new projects from natural parsing suggestions now works
- 🐛 Other minor fixes
- 🐛 Fixes user-reported crashes
- 🐛 Fixes freezes that could occur after using the app for a while
- 🐛 Fixes incorrect behavior when inputting dates using scheduler’s date field
Version 2.0.5516 (2018/05/22)
- ⭐️ Revamped synchronization – A much more robust synchronization to keep your data safe and consistent
- ⭐️ Favorites – Pin projects, labels and filters to your navigation panel
- ⭐️ A simpler, more intuitive task scheduler
- ⭐️ New Todoist Karma visualizations to help you stay motivated
- ⚙ New local logging to help us quickly pinpoint and fix issues if you encounter any
- 🐛 A boatload of small fixes to make the app more stable
Version 1.3.5111 (2018/01/17)
- ⭐️ Year in Review banner can be displayed to users
- 🐛 Fixes a crash if you try and change any settings when offline
- 🐛 Syncs non-uploaded attachments when syncing
- 🐛 Fixes a crash for Danish users
- 🐛 Fixes blurry Todoist Zero images
- 🐛 Fixes a startup crash caused by a 3rd party component
- ⚙ Improvements to activity log
Version 1.2.6031 (2017/10/31)
- ⭐️ Revamped settings – new settings options to bring parity with other platforms, beautiful design and more logical setting categories
- ⭐️ New first run experience
- ⭐️ Adds support for adding and removing labels during multiselect
- ⚙ Re-adds support for changing theme in real time
- 🐛 Bug fixes for filter query parsing and date parsing
- 🐛 Fixes an issue for users with multiple devices where some devices would not be automatically synced
- 🐛⚙ Lots of crash fixes, bug fixes and minor UI polish
Version 1.2.18 (2017/05/08)
- 🐛Fixes the Google login issue
Version 1.2.17 (2017/04/25)
- 🐛Fixes a bug where reminders added to a task would always use the due date of the task they relate to
- 🐛Fixes several issues related to editing task due using the inline editor
- 🐛Fixes several issues related to date parsing
- 🐛Brings filtering up to date with other platforms
- 🐛Minor UI polish.
Version 1.2.15 (2017/03/23)
- Fixes a crash that occurs when the user resizes the window while an inline task edit is happening.• Fixes AI scheduling.
Version 1.2.14 (2017/03/16)
- Fixes issues related to collapsing and moving nested structures in the project view.
- Support for syncing “collapsed” status of tasks.
- Better UI for project drag&drop.
- Tuned font sizes and spacing in inline add UI.
- Crash fixes that can occur on certain devices that don’t support network profile detection.
Version 1.2.11 (2017/02/24)
- Fixes notifications (new notifications were not showing up). You will possibly see all notifications as unread the first time you open the new version of the app.
- Updates design of the left pane, makes sure everything is aligned properly
- Moves logout button to settings
- More reliable automatic sync recovery when the device disconnects and reconnects to a network
- Fixes a crash that could occur when the user very quickly resized the projects list
- Minor UI polish
Version 1.2.6 (2017/02/15)
- Completely revamped task editing experience. Create and edit tasks without leaving the task list. The intelligent parsing has a substantially improved performance, so typing in task’s text field should feel much more fluent.
- Redesigned scheduler. The scheduling UI is now simpler, more mouse-friendly and contains a calendar for quickly picking a date.
- Much improved filtering. Filtering should now be more consistent with other platforms. The filtering screen now refreshes more reliably, does not reset the scrolling position and doesn’t flicker while it’s doing the filtering.
- Improved sync status reporting. A dedicated screen where you can see the current status of syncing. If you have issues with syncing, the app now contains a dedicated tool that can help ypi resolve syncing issues quickly and send information about the issue to help us fix it permanently.
- As always, more minor bug fixes and user experience polish.
Version 1.2.7 (2017/02/16)
- Fixes a bug for we’ve had for a while where if you opened the app after a few days, some task would not disappear from Today or Next 7 Days. You had to restart the app to get rid of them. This bug also affected the project list, where projects you’ve deleted on other platforms while the app was closed could in some cases no immediately disappear from the project list after syncing.
- Fixes a bug where non-premium users could add labels from the task editor. This would subsequently cause syncing issues.• Updates task editor icons with a new look.
- A few other minor under the hood fixes.
Version 1.1.95 (2017/01/26)
- Redesigns project options
- Support for Facebook Login
- Bug fixes
Version 1.1.90 (2017/01/11)
- Improved project creation experience – invite people to your projects without any extra steps.
- (based on feedback) Ability to reorder filters and labels.
- (based on feedback) Ctrl + Click to initiate multi-select.
- Support for archived projects (premium).
- Support for project import / export.
- (based on feedback) Adds “postpone” option to task rescheduling.
- Improved sync reliability.
- Improves reliability of reordering and re-indenting of projects.
- Integrates with feedback hub.
- Tons of fixes and minor UI improvements.