If Todoist isn't syncing your task list correctly (for instance, the iOS app and the Windows app both show different task lists), we recommend that you identify which platform is failing to sync with the others and send it to our support team.
How to identify which app is failing to sync
- Log into Todoist for Web.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your task list (the one stored on our servers) by first logging out of Todoist for Web and then logging back in.
- Add a task from another platform and see if it appears in Todoist for Web, if it doesn’t appear, the app from which you added a task is having trouble syncing.
- If your added task does appear in Todoist for Web, add a new task from Todoist for Web and see if it shows up on your other Todoist apps. If the task doesn’t appear on one of your apps, it means it’s failing to sync.
Once you have this information, report your findings to our support team. Our developers will try to look into your issue as soon as possible to get you up and running.
Q: Why is Todoist failing to sync between my apps?
A: Syncing problems happen for one of two reasons: The app is not writing to the database properly or the app isn't reading from the database properly. Figure out which app is failing to sync using the instructions above.
For instance, if you are using iOS and Windows and they aren't syncing properly, it could be one of these four situations:
- iOS app failing to write: The iOS app isn't properly writing to our database, so when you load Todoist in other apps, they don't receive the latest update from iOS.
- iOS app failing to read: Other apps are writing to the database properly, but the iOS app is failing to receive the update.
- Windows app failing to write: The Windows app isn't properly writing to our database, so when you load Todoist in other apps, they don't receive the latest update.
- Windows app failing to read: Other apps are writing to the database properly, but the Windows app is failing to receive the update.
If you were able to identify which of situations above causes your issue, add those details to your message when contacting our Support team.