Save time by batching similar tasks together using labels. You’ll be able to pull up a list of all tasks with any given label in a matter of seconds. You can add any labels you like, but here are a few popular ones to get started with:
- @email – Use this label to create a list of all the email tasks across all your projects so you can answer them all at once.
- @waiting – Add this label to all the tasks you’re waiting on something to get started so you won’t forget to follow up.
- @15_min – Check this label when you have an extra 15 minutes to knock out a small task or two.
On any platform – web, desktop, or mobile – simply type @ into the task field directly followed by the label name. You’ll have the option to choose from a list of existing labels, or add a new one.
The smart Quick Add will automatically recognize and add the label when you save the task.
Change the name of a label
- Access the Filters & Labels view (listed under your Upcoming view).
- Scroll down to Labels and select the label you want to change the name of.
- Select the three dots icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Edit label.
- You can now change the name of your label!
How to search for a label
Type the label name into the search bar at the top of your Todoist. For example, typing “@urgent” into the search bar will pull up all the tasks with the label @urgent.
In the web, macOS, or Windows apps, you can use the keyboard shortcut f to start a new search.
View a list of all of your labels
You can find a full list of your existing labels by selecting Filters & Labels in your navigation menu (it will be right under your Upcoming view) and scrolling down to Labels.
Learn more about labels
- Change the color of a label
- Delete a label
- What's the difference between personal labels and shared labels?
You can also create filters using labels. For example, the filter query “today & @email” will pull up all of your tasks with the @email label that are also due today.