Make your task stand out in bold, spice up your project names with emojis 🎉 or change the hyperlinked text in your comments.
In task names and comments Todoist supports:
- Bold: **This text will be bold** or __This text will be bold__
- Italic: *This text will be italic* or _This text will be italic_
- Bold & italic: ***This text will be bold & italic*** or ___This text will be bold & italic___
- Hypertext: [This text will be hyperlinked](http://todoist.com/) or http://todoist.com/ (This text will be hyperlinked)
In comments Todoist also supports:
- Inline code: `this text will be inline code`
- Code block: ```this text will be in a code block```
Add emoji to task names, project names, task comments, label names, and filter names. Todoist supports all the standard emoji you’ve come to know and ❤️
On web, macOS, and Windows you can use the little-known-but-highly-useful emoji shortcuts to easily add any emoji 🚀
Q: Can I format project names, label names, and filter names as well?
A: No, hypertext, bold text, and italic text are all only supported in task names and comments.
Q: How can I add a link that includes a parenthesis, like http://www.test.com/types_of_apples(fruit)?
A: You have to encode the parenthesis in the URL using percent-encoding. For this link, "(" should be replaced with "%28" and ")" should be replaced with "%29". So the URL to use in Todoist would be: http://www.test.com/types_of_apples%28fruit%29