When you set up an account, Todoist will automatically detect your system's default language. However, Todoist is available in a wide variety of languages (and we are always adding more), so should you wish to use it in a different language, here is how!
The Smart Date recognition language is automatically based on the selected language. If the selected language isn't available for Smart Date recognition yet, it will default to English.
|Todoist is available in these languages|
It’s possible to have the app set to different languages across the platforms. For example, the Todoist web app is in English, and the mobile app is in Spanish.
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner of Todoist.
- Select Settings.
- Open the General tab.
- Use the dropdown menu under Language to select your preferred language.
- Once you've selected a language, click Update.
Todoist for iOS will use the first language that it supports from the Language & Region settings of the Apple device.
To change the language in the app, follow Apple's instructions to add the language to the Language & Region settings of the device. Then, follow these steps:
- Open the device's Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Todoist.
- In Preferred Language, tap Language.
- Tap the preferred language to use in Todoist.
- Swipe up the bottom app bar to open the menu.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner to open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap on Language and select any available language from the drop-down list.
If your language isn't available yet, or you're having trouble changing languages in Todoist, get in touch with us.