IFTTT (If This Then That) lets you create powerful connections (also known as "applets") among various kinds of apps and services, such as saving your completed tasks in Google Sheets, adding liked tweets as tasks in Todoist, or creating a new task when a GitHub issue is assigned to you.
Setting up the integration
- Open Todoist’s IFTTT Channel and activate it in your IFTTT account.
- Open an applet that you’d like to activate and click the Connect toggle.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create your IFTTT account.
- Once you’re done editing your applet, click Save.
Using the integration
Link your Todoist account with over 200 different channels including Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, Fitbit, and many more.
How can I disable the integration?
- Open the integration tab.
- Click the X icon next to the IFTTT integration.
- Click OK to confirm.
The due dates for my recurring tasks are captured incorrectly, how can I fix this?
Unfortunately, this is a known limitation. IFTTT captures the new due date, rather than the due date as it was when the recurring task was completed. This would also happen if you complete a task before its due date on a regular or recurring task.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience. The team is looking for a solution for this limitation.
It takes a while for tasks to be synced when I create an IFTTT applet. How can I fix this?
Unfortunately, it is a current limitation of IFTTT infrastructure. It may take a while for tasks and notes to sync, e.g. when you add an applet to sync Evernote and Todoist activity.