Easily forward your emails from any email client to Todoist to add them as tasks or comments. Here’s how:
Forwarding to projects
You can turn your emails into Todoist tasks by forwarding them to a project. The subject line will become the task name, and the body of the email will be added as a comment. All attachments smaller than 25MB will also be attached.
To get a project’s email address:
- Go to the web app and open the project you want to email to.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots icon.
- Select Email tasks to this project.
- Click Copy to clipboard next to the email address provided.
- Start forwarding your emails to that address.
You can also add due dates, labels, priority levels, and assignee right from your email client. All you have to do is include any of these in either the subject or the body of the email:
To schedule the task right away, add <date due date>. For example, <date tomorrow>,<date 12/01/2019>, <date every other day>, and <date every last day> are all supported. You can use any of Todoist's supported due date and recurring due date formats.
To add a label, add @labelname. For example, @work, @email, or @5min.
To add a priority, simply add p1, p2, or p3.
Assignee (shared projects only)
To assign the task, add +firstnamelastname of the assignee. For example, if you’re collaborating with Amy Jones and you want to assign the task to her, simply add +AmyJones.
Alternatively, you can also use +AmyJ (first name and the first letter of the last name) or +Jones (just the last name).
Forwarding to comments
You can also forward emails to Todoist as comments. Perfect for when you need to attach information to existing tasks or projects.
- In the web app, click on the comments icon of the task or project you want to forward your email to.
- Click on the email icon.
- Forward your email to the address you’re given.