Easily turn an Outlook email into a new Todoist task or comment with the Todoist for Outlook add-in.
First, a quick note from Doist's Head of Windows, Jan Kratochvíl:
"Thanks for using the Todoist for Outlook add-in. Unfortunately, we don't plan to develop this add-in any further. Instead, we hope to bring you a new, better way of supporting Outlook in the future. We can't commit to any deadlines at this point, however, so we appreciate your patience."
Here’s how the add-in works:
Adding an email as a task
- From Outlook, select the email you want to turn into a task.
- In the Home tab, click on Create Task under the Todoist icon in the top right.
- A new task will be loaded into Todoist on the right. The task will consist of the email title and a link to the email as the content.
- You can fill out any additional details about the task including labels, priorities, dates or assignments by using the quick add options.
- Click Add Task.
Attaching an email to a comment
- From Outlook, select the email you want to attach to a comment.
- In the Todoist add-in, go to the comments of the task you’d like to attach the email to.
- Click the + button to attach the email to your comment.
- You can write any additional notes in the comments field.
- Click Add Comment.
For frequently asked questions and troubleshooting the add-in, please check out this dedicated article.