Since beta versions are shipped out regularly, you may experience an occasional delay with beta changelog updates. We appreciate your patience.
Version 15.1.0-beta and Wear 3.1.0-beta - 2019/04/12
- ⭐ Whenever your Android is set to dark theme, Todoist will now automatically switch to dark theme, too.
- ⭐ You can now import your written task lists into Todoist by taking a photo. Tap the Add Task button, then tap the “Scan” button to the right of the comments button. (This is an experimental Premium feature)
- ⚙️ When looking at the Task View, you’ll see your completed sub-tasks (if there are any). It’ll help you review what you’ve finished so far and uncomplete tasks if you need to.
- ⚙️ To attach Google Drive files to a comment, you now first select the “File” option rather than a specific “Google Drive” option.
- ⚙️ On Android 10, you have to give permission to use your location when Todoist is in the background.
- ⚙️ To stay up to date with Todoist, you now need Android 6 or newer.
- 🐛 You’ll find it a bit easier to scan a photo of written tasks into Todoist.
- 🐛 You can once again upload files to comments.
- 🐛 Squashed some bugs for a smoother Todoist experience.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 8 - 2019/10/21
- ⚙️ When adding a file from your device as a task in Todoist, you will now see the revamped quick add view.
- ⚙️ The drag and drop experience for tasks has been made even smoother.
- 🐛 A collection of bug fixes, stability updates, visual updates, and more to keep your Todoist running smoothly and looking polished.
- 📧 Remember to let us know what you think of the Todoist Beta by contacting us at https://get.todoist.help/hc/requests/new. Thanks!
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 7 - 2019/10/17
- ✨ Minor visual improvements to make your Todoist look polished.
- ⚙ You can now swipe archived sections to unarchive them.
- 🐛 A collection of bug fixes and stability updates to keep your Todoist running smoothly.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 6 - 2019/10/11
- ⚙ We heard you loud and clear: You can once again create non-completable tasks by adding a * in front of the task name or a : after the task name. They'll work fine alongside the new Sections and are handy for creating headers.
- 🐛 A few bug fixes and improvements to keep your Todoist running smoothly.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 5 - 2019/10/08
- ✨ Even more visual improvements to make your Todoist look extra good.
- 🐛 You're now be able to complete and uncomplete sub-tasks in the task view without any problems.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 4 - 2019/10/08
- ⭐ You can now see your completed tasks right within your project. Simply select “Show completed tasks” from the three dots menu and you’ll see checked-off tasks right in your project list. You can see them in task view, too.
- ✨ More icon improvements to make your Todoist look extra good.
- ⚙ If you were using the previous version of sections by using * or : in the task name, those will now be turned into regular tasks. You won’t lose any data and they will maintain their sub-tasks. Moving forward, we hope you find the new Sections feature more effective.
- ⚙ You can now easily edit multiple tasks by selecting "Select tasks" from thethree dots menu at the top right of any list.
- 🐛 When viewing the activity log, you weren't always able to see which project a task belonged to. This information is now available again.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 3 - 2019/10/01
- ✨ Several color, icon, and spacing improvements to make your Todoist look extra good.
- 🐛 When selecting a task in the widget and tapping on the pencil icon, nothing happened. This has been fixed.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 2 - 2019/09/26
- 🐛 Several bug fixes and stability improvements to keep the app running smoothly.
Version 15.0.0 (Android) and version 3.0.0 (Wear): Todoist Foundations beta 2019/09/24
- 🎉 Announcing the Todoist Foundations beta: A comprehensive update with faster, more intuitive, more reliable ways to get things done. Check out what’s new below. 👇
- ⭐ You can now divide your project into Sections. Add a Section from the three dots menu in the top right of any project, then add tasks by dragging them into the section. Try using Sections to arrange your projects by stage (Research, Planning, Launch) or by timeline (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3).
- ⭐ Manage every detail about a task – due date, assignee, labels, sub-tasks, comments, and more – in one place with new Task View. Simply tap on the task to see it.
- ⭐ It’s now easier to manage your sub-tasks right from Task View.
- ⭐ Your Labels list will now be divided into “Personal” and “Shared” labels. Whenever someone adds a label to a task in a shared project, you’ll see it in your Shared labels; All the labels you create yourself go into your Personal labels. For those of you who collaborate in Todoist, this change should keep your label list much more organized and manageable.
- ⭐ Adding tasks just got easier with the more intuitive, redesigned Quick Add. You’ll see small tags below the task name that display the due date, project, and task assignee. You can also now immediately set a reminder using the clock icon.
- ⭐ Enjoy a more coordinated look across the app with colorful, redesigned icons on every platform.
- ⚙ You’ll notice a more reliable, more responsive Todoist across the board thanks to a handful of user interface and under-the-hood updates and bug fixes. These also lay the foundation for powerful new features around the corner. 🚀