The Premium plan is available on a monthly or a yearly basis, and you can change your billing cycle at any time. However, how to change the billing cycle, as well as the implications of the change, will depend on whether you upgraded through the Todoist website or via a third-party store.
Read on to learn more:
If you upgraded to the Premium plan with a debit or credit card from our website, here’s how you can change your billing cycle:
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Open the Subscription tab.
- Click Update in the billing cycle section.
- Select your billing cycle by clicking on the checkbox next to Yearly or Monthly.
Changing from monthly to yearly
When you change your billing cycle from monthly to yearly, you establish a new billing cycle starting on that day.
Your plan will renew automatically exactly one year from the date on which you made the change. If you have any unused time left on your previous monthly subscription, the remainder will be deducted from your upcoming invoice for your yearly subscription.
- For example: If you set up a monthly Premium subscription on April 20, 2020, and switched to yearly payments on May 16, 2020, the new billing cycle will start on May 16. Your renewal date will therefore to be set for May 16 2021. The equivalent of the value of the remaining four days on your monthly subscription will be deducted from your next invoice.
Changing from yearly to monthly
When you change your billing cycle from yearly to monthly, your plan will renew automatically exactly one month from the date on which you made the change.
The remaining time on your previous yearly subscription will be converted to account credit which will be used to partially or completely cover the upcoming monthly payments until your account balance runs out.
- For example: If you set up a yearly Premium subscription on April 20, 2020, and changed to monthly payments on July 20, 2020, the new billing cycle will start on July 20, 2020. Your renewal date will therefore set for August 20, 2020. The remaining 9 months on your yearly subscription will be converted to account credit, which will automatically be used to pay for your upcoming monthly invoices until the balance runs out.
To change your billing cycle via the App Store, you can follow Apple’s instructions. If you subscribed via App Store or Mac App Store and changed your billing cycle from monthly to yearly or vice versa, the change will only be applied when the current cycle ends.
- For example: If you have a yearly subscription and you change your billing to monthly while you still have 6 months left on your subscription, you'll keep the yearly subscription until it expires. Once your subscription runs out, the new monthly billing cycle will begin.
If you want to change your billing cycle from monthly to yearly or vice versa, you can cancel your current subscription via Google Play. Once you’ve done this, you can resubscribe selecting the new billing cycle.
Because the billing cycle of running subscriptions purchased via Google Play cannot be changed, there’s no impact on your current billing cycle. You will simply establish a new billing cycle when you resubscribe.
Q: I paid for a yearly subscription via PayPal, can I switch to a monthly subscription?
A: No. For now, we only accept one-year payments via PayPal.
Q: Can I get a refund?
A: If you have a yearly subscription, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of purchase or renewal. You can find instructions on how to request a refund here.